Chapter 10

This chapter contains detailed description. Skip if youre uncomfortable. X

  Alex had returned home after Harry comforted her. She thanked him, hugged him, then left with Lee sleeping on her shoulder. The familiar fear of going back home returned, and she slightly hesitated when her fist made contact with the wooden door. However, she knocked twice and waited for her beloved husband to answer the door.

The door swung open, revealing Mark, a bottle of vodka in his hand. His harsh glare made her slightly shiver as she entered the house, hurrying to tuck Lee into bed before the usual fight started. Once Lee was in bed, she kissed her forehead, muttering an I love you then left her room. She took a deep breath and mentally prepared herself to face Mark.

How did I ever love him, she thought as she was reminded of his little scene this morning, and all the times she had caught him in their bed with another woman who wasn't even ashamed of herself. Alex felt sorry for her, well aware that her husband is all about pretending to be someone he is not.

The house was silent, except for the noises coming from the living room, where Mark was. Lying on the couch, wrapping his lips around the bottle and chucking down whatever there was left. Alex cringed and sat on the couch across of him. The television was muted as she watched. Her knee nervously bounced and her attention wasn't on the moving images. Oddly, sitting in a room with Mark, she thought about Harry.

A small smile was drawn on her lips, just thinking about him making her happy, even if it is for a little while. She absolutely loved spending time with him. She would wait for Lee to wake up so that she'd quickly serve her breakfast and grab her Barbies before leaving to Harry's apartment. She felt happy spending those short hours with him, despite the fact that she had a cheater and an alcoholic for a husband. The small smiles he would shoot her whenever she said something, or the way he treated her daughter. Her own father has never even looked at her without frowning, disapproval clear on his face. Harry was acting like a father more than Mark ever did in those four past years.

"What did you two do in there? Fuck?" Mark slurred, a smirk playing on his thin lips. Alex snapped out of her thoughts, shot him a hard glare before sighing.

"I'm not like you, Mark. I don't fuck other people when I'm married." She snapped at him. A wave of excitement rushed through her but it vanished when his cold eyes locked with hers, replacing it with intimidation. She quickly covered up and bravely held his stare.

"Ooh, gotta watch your language when you're talking to me." His tone sent shivers down her spine as he slowly sat up."Don't you ever talk back!"He shouted.

Alex clenched her jaw, ready to make another comment. "And who are you, exactly? I would've called you my husband, but you've been nothing but a label!"

Before she could even blink, Mark's cold palm collided with her cheek, immediately reddening the tender skin. Alex gasped, holding her hand to her face. Her cheek throbbed as her eyes filled with tears. She wasn't going to cry. She slowly stood up, locking her glassy eyes with his dark ones. "I'm so done. I swear, I am so done with this shit!" She screamed at him. She forgot that Lee was right down the hall, too caught up in this conversation.

Let it out. Let it out. Let it out.

She didn't give him the time to respond, and poked his chest with her finger. "I'm done being the one that is helpless! You can't keep on doing this to me, Mark. Don't consider me your wife. I'm your daughter's mom. Respect me."

"I really wish I hadn't married you. Having you and Lee in my life is the biggest fucking mistake I've ever done. Why did I have to marry a suicidal woman?" Mark snickered as Alex's fingertips automatically brushed over the skin of her damaged skin. "You're nothing, Alex. And you know what? I like you being helpless, it gives me the power that I deserve."

Alex couldn't hold back her tears, his words slicing through her like knives. What did she ever do to deserve this?
Her fists shook,tears rolled down her flushed cheeks as she gritted her teeth. "Get out!" She cried. "Get out of my fucking house!" Her fists pushed at his chest."Leave me, get out of my life!"

She continued to push him until he was at the door. He swayed and tripped a few times, but managed to stay on his feet. Alex yanked the door open and pushed him one last time. "I swear to God, if I ever see you here again, i won't hesitate to call the fucking cops on you!"

+

   Alex sat on her bathroom's floor, choking on her own tears, using her palm to stiffle her sobs. Her body shook with emotion she couldn't handle. Her vision wasn't clear, and her head was pounding so far. She felt the room spin, her eyes rolling at the back of her head. She clamped them shut them opened them again. She swayed as she slowly stood up, holding onto the sink for balance.

Her shaking hands  grabbed the blade she had hid above the cabinet. It shone under her gaze, due to her blurry vision. Her lips parted as she stared at it, hesitating what to do next.

Promise me you'll never do it again.

I promise.

She shook her head, and placed the blade on her wrist."I'm sorry, I'm sorry,I'm sorry," she whimpered as the blade sliced through her skin, not deep enough to cut a vein,  but enough to leave a scar. The scars on her body reminded of how many times she fell apart, and had no one to fix her. To make her feel alright. Alex wanted to be saved so bad.

She cut at least ten times before she felt like she's had enough, wanting nothing more than to sleep. It was at least ten. She washed up the blood that had dried around her wrist, wincing when the cold water made contact with her tender skin. She quickly bandaged them, then washed her face.

She felt like a zombie as she walked to her room, where Lee lied on the bed, tucked underneath the covers. She weakly smiled at her daughter as she got under the warm covers. She hugged Lee to her chest, feeling her warmth radiate to her cold body.

"I love you, mommy." Lee lowly muttered, hugging her mother a little tighter. A single tear fell down Alex's face before she wiped it away.

She leaned down and planted a kiss on her forehead. "I love you, too. More than anything."

"Can we bake cookies tomorrow?"

"Sure, baby."

Alex and Lee fell asleep wrapped up in each other's arms, feeling safe, knowing Mark wasn't in here with them.

Author's note: omg i gotta sleep its 11:30pm and i have school in 5 hours shit shiiiiit
Dont forget to vote and comment u know the usual hah
Thank u so much for your constant support, it means so much to me
Ily all lots of love and a lee hug xxxx
Byeeeee