Chapter 24

Harry's lips molded against Alex's as he held her face to his. His hands gripped her cheeks, gently stroking her soft skin. Alex was just as happy as Harry was. They were both fulfilling each others needs.

Harry pulled away, placing his forehead against hers as he closed his eyes. He breathed through his nose as he hugged Alex to his body. Her arms went around his neck as she hugged him back. He was holding her, no words exchanged, just tender touches and kisses on each others skin.

Harry was relieved. She did not reject him, or think he was a weird grown man. She felt exactly the same. He always knew she had felt something towards him, but this had just wiped away all his doubts. Alex was the happiest she's been in ages, knowing that the man who could be her second chance had her in mind too. It was surreal, yet perfect.

''Harry,'' Alex said after a few minutes of minutes of silence. Her heart was still beating at an usual pace, her cheeks flushed and her hands slightly shaky.

Harry hummed in response, his eyes avoiding hers although was she practically on his lap. The feeling of guiltiness was creeping back, drowning him in his thoughts again. He definitely liked Alex, and it was just proven, but he couldn't help but feel like a cheater. He imagined Janelle right in front of him, watching him and Alex with tears in her hallow eyes. He knew it was wrong to think like that--it was stupid to ever think that, but he just couldn't help it. But holding Alex like this felt so, so right, even if it was the wrong thing to do. As cliche as this sounds, it felt like he was slowly fixing himself, his fragile parts falling back into place. Alex was curing him, just like he was curing her. They needed each other to depend on, to love and take care of. They needed the reassurance that they found someone to rely on. Someone who would not judge you or abuse you, someone who would love every single part of you, including your flaws. Someone who would bring out the better You.

"I really like you," Alex confessed, sitting up so that they were face to face. Harry softly smiled and used his fingers to tuck back some of Alex's hair behind her ear. She was a damaged woman, but her soul held so much beauty and courage. She was not perfect, not your typical American girl. She had flaws, a little extra flesh around her hips, freckles, and the list goes on. But she was beautiful, despite all of that. Harry was just the same, and they were both beautiful inside out. They are strong people.

"I really like you, too." Harry replied, leaving his hand on her cheek as he stroked her skin. She leaned into his touch, enjoying his gentle touches.

"This is so wrong," Alex muttered. "but it feels so right."

"You have suffered enough, Al. It's time that you've won."

"Thank you," Alex smiled widely at him.

"For what?"

"Everything. For being you and there for me."

"There isn't a place I would rather be, I promise."

Alex's cheeks hurt from smiling, her fingers tracing Harry's collarbones. She felt safe.

"Hey," Alex said after a few minutes. They were still wrapped up in each others arms, they eyes fixed on the television as a movie played. Harry hummed, his hand squeezing her ankle.

"Help me do something?" Alex asked.

"Of course."

Harry switched the television off, walking behind Alex as she led him to her bedroom. He frowned when she crouched down in front of her nightstand, her back hiding whatever that was hidden in the small cabinet.

Alex swiftly turned, holding a box in her arms. Harry frowned as she looked down, as if ashamed but walked to the bed anyway. He sat down next to her, his brows still furrowed in confusion. Her fingers fumbled with the lock, twisting it until a soft click was heard. She took a deep breath and opened the box.
Harry gasped, his eyes wide as he looked at what's inside the box.

At least twenty razors sat the bottom, scissors and rubberbands scattered around the medium sized box. He gaped at the shiny objects, too shocked to even blink. Alex sighed and closed the box again.

"I want to throw them away," Alex said in a low tone. "but I haven't had the courage before. I think now I'm ready."

Harry stared at her in awe before kissing her hand and nodding. "Yes, of course, we'll get rid of them together."

Alex nodded and softly smiled at him. Again, Harry trailed behind her as she left the bedroom and went straight into the kitchen. Her shoulders feel like they weight a ton as she stands in front of the trashcan. Harry stood behind her, placing his hand on her shoulder and giving it a little squeeze. She deeply sighed before letting go of the box. It landed with a loud thud, matching her heartbeat.

"That felt good," she gasped. She grinned and turned to Harry. "That felt really, really good."

"I'm so proud of you," Harry whispered, pulling her into his arms. "So, so proud of you."

***

To say that Mark was a mess was an understatement. He was sweaty, drunk and lonely. Miranda was sitting on his lap, her fingers dancing along her chest. She trailed her fingers across his face, slightly scratching his facial hair that had grown over the days. Mark paid no attention to the needy woman, gulping the rest of his drink. His mouth wiped with the back of his hand, leaving a trail of saliva behind.

"You've been so cold towards me," Miranda whispered, hurt laced onto her tone. Mark rolled his eyes and shoved her body off of his. Miranda's eyes turned into stone as she stands up and yanks the bottle of vodka from him. He whines, reaching for it again.

"No!" She screamed. "I am sick and tired of this! Whether you treat me right or you leave me alone for good!"

"Do you really want me to leave?" He stood up, towering over her. She walked backwards as he stepped forward until her back met the wall behind her. "I can if you want me to."

Miranda remained silent, her jaw ticking as she stared at him. His warm, but disgusting breath fanned over her face, and she almost gagged. His fingers trailed over her cheek and reaching her chin. He held it firmly between his fingers and forced her to look at him properly. She grunted and pushed him away.

"You'll come around." he smirked and walked away from her, purposely knocking out the bottle of vodka to the floor. It shatters into pieces.

Author's note: hi guys! Im so happy to be back. I finished school about five days ago and i have a lot prepared for you so yall better keep up! Dont forget to vote and comment as much as you can! I appreciate every single vote and comment!
Lots of love and a yara hug! X
Byeee