Chapter 5

Harry fell asleep with a frown drawn on his lips. He felt guilty because he didn't think of Janelle. Was it wrong to feel like that? It probably was but Harry's guilt was eating him alive. How could he? 

The long, sleeplees hours felt like centuries and all what Harry wanted was to get some sleep, but he found none.

The bags under his eyes, and the constant yawning said it all. It's like his body was shut off, but his mind was so loud with thoughts about everything that included Janelle.

Soon, the sun was up, and the busy New York city began to roar with life. And still, Harry laid on the couch of his living toom, eyes wide open dripping with tears, as he trembled because Jane wasn't there to comfort him. The reminder that she wasn't there kept on slapping Harry in the face, each time hitting harder than ever before.

"Hi, Jane," Harry said as he crouched down to sit on the grass surrounding Jane's grave. The wind was picking up as the minutes passed, and the sun light was barely there anymore. It would have been scary for some people to be here at this time of the day, but Harry didn't care. Today he  will be leaving to America at night. He wanted to see goodbye. He couldn't leave without letting her know.

His bony fingers stroked the stone, his tips exploring the carved words, burning them in his memory. This will be the last time he ever comes here. This is the last time he will visit Janelle. It had become a habit to come over everyday, flowers clutched tightly in his hands. The first few days were the hardest because he couldn't still believe that she was gone. She was gone in a second and is never coming back.

He felt empty and drained, and wasn't looking forward to traveling to America. A part of him wanted to stay here, in his hometown, where Jane belonged, but the rational part was telling him to start a new life. He didn't know what to do.

"I'm leaving tonight," he whispered, feeling the tears build up in his eyes. "I-I don't want to leave you here, though. God, I wish you were alive. I miss you so fucking much that it actually hurts." He sobbed.

"But I have to leave," he blew out a deep breath. "I love you. I love you so much and I'm going to remember you every single day. I promise."

"Fuck," Harry pulled at his roots. "Fuck!" He screamed into his pillow. "I'm sorry, Jane. I'm so, so sorry."

+

"Harry," Lee whispered. She was currently stradling Harry's lap while he was asleep. He finally shut out a few hours ago. Lee poked his cheek, right where his dimple is when he smiled. "Harry!" She whined.

His eyes fluttered open to meet Lee's big blue ones. They sparkled with excitement. Harry smiled at the little girl, raising his hand to ruffle her hair.

"Why are you up so early?" He asked, running his hands over his face.

"Mommy is hogging the blanket," Little Lee pouted. Harry laughed and moved to the side. He was about to fall off the couch but he didn't mind as long as Lee gets her sleep.

She crawled up, and instead of lying where he had left her, she collapsed on top of Harry. His eyebrows rose in surprised. She hugged his sides and placed her head on his chest. Harry smiled and moved to his original position. His arms wrapped around her petite figure, pulling her to his chest.

"Good night," Lee whispered.

"Good night, Little Lee," Harry kissed her head and closed his eyes. He had no trouble sleeping, immediately falling back into sleep.

An hour or two later, they were both up, preparing breakfast. Alex was still asleep.

"Does she normally sleep this late?" Harry asked Lee as he stirred the batter.