Chapter 15

The rest of the night was spent like this: Harry staring into distance as Alex tried to enjoy her time with Lee and Harry. The sudden change of Harry's mood made Alex suspicious, and she found herself wanting to know more about Janelle. She knew it had something to do with her. Her chest tightened at the memory of him telling her that she was murdered and raped. She couldn't even image what he felt. She wouldn't be able to. She has never lost anyone close to her, and she prays it stays this way. As much as selfish this sounds, Alex did not want to experience the feeling.
Lee's fingers tightly clutched her stuffed animal to her chest as her wide eyes explored her surroundings. They were walking home, Harry still silent, Alex debating if she should talk to him about it.
''I'm sleepy, mom.'' Lee stopped walking, peering at her mother. Alex nodded and crouched down to hold but Harry's hand stopped her. ''I got it.'' He easily hauled Lee into his arms, where she happily wrapped her arms around his neck. ''Thanks.'' Lee muttered before closing her eyes. Harry didn't a thing, only softly smiling at the little girl in his arms, planting a small kiss on her forehead.
Alex thanked Harry with a smile and they started to walk again. Within ten minutes, Lee was out and Alex had the chance to start a conversation.
''Are you okay?'' She asked, nervously biting on her lip.
''Yeah, I'm fine, why?'' Harry flashed her a small smile.
''You aren't fine, Harry. I literally saw the pain in your eyes earlier.'' Alex was hurt. Why didn't he want to tell her?
He only sighed in response, walking a little faster. They were close to their building, anyway. Alex sighed, following him without another word.
Harry quietly took the stairs, Lee still in his arms. When they reached their floor, Alex spoke up again. ''Come on, we need to talk.'' She didn't wait for his answer and walked inside, expecting him to follow her. And he did.
He disappeared into her room, placing Lee on the bed, careful to wake her up as he covered with the soft duvet. He kissed her forehead before leaving a small light on. He knew she needed it if she woke up in case her mum wasn't there next to her yet. He left the room, frowning at his brown boots.
Alex had waited for him on the small balcony where they spent the night earlier. The weather had slightly changed, the crisp air pinching her skin as she waited for him to appear. She wrapped her arms around herself.
Seconds later, she felt his presence behind her. She turned to face him, feeling a bit sad when her eyes met his tired ones.
''Come here,'' She whispered. Harry silently padded towards her as she wrapped her arms around him, hoping it would comfort him somehow. His hugs always made her feel safe. She prayed she made him feel like that, too.
His head rested on her shoulder as she hugged him with all the power, careful not to make him feel uncomfortable in her hold. Her fingers played with the hair around his neck, the new feeling making her stomach erupt in butterflies. She almost let out an audible gasp because she hadn't felt them in quite a while. Harry was bringing her back. The fun, carefree, seventeen year old Alex.
''Tell me about it. Talk to me, Harry.'' She whispered against his chest. She felt his chest rise and fall beneath her as he sighed. He shook his head before dropping it again.
''I-It's hard to talk about it.'' Harry whimpered. Alex did not believe what she was seeing in front of her as she watched Harry slowly start to crumble, his face twitching in pain as tears oozed from his dull eyes. Her mouth fell open at the sight and she did not know what to do.
''Harry,'' She gasped and held his face in her hands. His shaky hands rose to cover hers, trying to wipe away the tears that had escaped his eyes but they didn't seem to stop. Harry was really hurt and this time he did not try to hide it with one of his head shakes and fake smiles. After nearly a year, Harry finally had someone to collect the pieces as he fell apart. Without Jane in his life, he usually handled these situations on his own. He would stay like this for days, blaming himself, hating himself, wishing it was him instead of her.
''I m-miss her so much.'' He cried, trying to catch a full breath but it seemed like he couldn't as he felt his world crumble around him. The familiar pain of losing Jane came crawling back, pulling at his heart and thoughts. His lungs were screaming air and his mind was racing with thoughts he did not want. He tried to focus on Alex, who started to cry too, but he could not.
Harry was falling apart again and he and Alex did not like it.
''Harry, Harry, Harry. Look at me, please.'' Alex pleaded as he gasped again, desperate to get some air in his burning lungs. Her fingers tightly clutched his shirt as she used her other hand to wipe away his tears. 
''It's so hard without her here.''
Alex nodded her head, holding him to her as she tried to calm him down. ''Shh, shh. You're okay, now.''
''It's not without her.'' Harry whispered. ''She cared about me.''
''I'm here, Harry. I care about you.'' Alex furrowed her eyebrows.
''It's not the same.'' Harry shook his head at her.
''Yes it is. When I say it, I genuinely mean it, okay?''
Harry wanted to shake his head but found himself whispering,''Okay.'' instead.
''Do you want to stay over?'' Alex worriedly glanced at him. She realized that her hands were still clutching his face. Her hands dropped to her sides.
''No, I think I'll be fine on my own.'' Harry said and turned to leave. ''See you later, Al.''
''Bye, Harry. I hope you're okay.''
''I am.'' Harry promised.

He sniffed and left her apartment, carefully shutting the door behind him so Lee wouldn't wake up from the noise. He threw his wallet and keys on the table as soon as he entered his apartment, wanting nothing but to fall asleep at the moment.
Discarding his clothing, he lied in bed, staring at the white ceiling until he finally fell into deep sleep.

A girl with dark hair appeared out of nowhere, and Harry tried his best to stop the car in order not to hit her. His wheels screeched against ground as the girl's eyes widened and used her hands to cover herself as if it would help. The car stopped centimeters away from her shaking body. Harry sat there for a second, his mouth hung open before he finally snapped back to reality and jumped out of his Range Rover. "Good God, are you all right? I didn't mean to!" He ran his hands through his curls.

The girl remained silent as he ranted about how stupid he is.

"Are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?" He came closer to her and  boldly holds her shoulders to inspect her.

She shake her head, finally finding her voice. "N-no. I wasn't looking." She stuttered.

The green forest eyes staring down at her were fill of concern and regret. "Are you sure? I'd take you. It's no trouble." He says, pointing at his Range Rover. She shook my head again and his hands finally release her.

She waited for him to return to his car and forget this ever happened but he stayed in his place, gaze burning through her.

"Have I seen you before?" He asks and the girl's eyebrows rose in surprise. She didn't recall seeing him before.

"No? You're mistaken, I'm sure." She assured him. Where could he possibly see me? I don't leave my house at all, except on Thursdays to go visit my mom.I've never seen him around.Also, I work at home, the girl thought.

"I feel like I've seen you before,"He brought his face closer to hers. She automatically backs away from him. Is he familiar with personal space?

"Nope." She took another step away from him. He squinted his eyes at her.

"Staring is rude, stranger."

"I'm Harry." He grinned.

"Cool," She nodded and started to walk away.

"Wait!" He called .

"Yes?" She tapped her foot against the concrete.

"I'll drive you wherever you're going."

"No, thanks." She shrugged.

"I almost ran over you, I think I owe you one." He chuckled and  the girl squirmed at the unfamiliar but nice sound coming from his mouth.

Author's note: hiiiii guys first things first if youre a new reader and wondering who Jane is, she's harry's ex who was murdered as mentioned above. There is a story before this but you do not have to read it in order to understand what is going on here! Also, the biggest, fattest shoutout to Alwaysinflux because she is life and so is her book Insum! Make sure you check it out because it's beautiful

don't forget to vote and comment because i love reading them!

i love you so much thank you for everything!

lots of love and a yara hug xxxx

byeeee