Chapter 19

"So, where do you guys want to go?" Gemma asked Harry and Alex. They sat on the couch facing her, both of the leaning over, resting their elbows on their knees. Harry's eyes focused on the carpet, his brows pulled down in concentration as he tried to think of something to do.

He knew Gemma and he knew she didn't usually inside for too long. It was like there was an invisible pull was dragging her out the door wherever she went. He was the opposite of his older sister,but he didn't mind going out, he jut preferred staying in. He felt more comfortable indoor.

Lee was not with them today. She was invited over to her friend's house, and practically begged Alex to let her go. She said she missed her friends at school which made Alex's heart clench, unable to refuse doing what her daughter wanted. She imagined herself back when she was Lee's age, dressed up in her pink dress, her Barbies stuffed in her bag pack, blonde hair braided into two pigtails.

Harry sighed, feeling irritated because he could not think of somewhere to go. Alex bit her lip, debating if should offer to show them around because she clearly knew about New York more than the Styles'.

"I can show you around," she said. Gemma and Harry's eyes snapped to her, their green eyes already glowing with excitement at her proposal.

"Yeah!" Gemma exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "Yeah, that'd be so cool!"

"Okay." Alex smiled at them.

"I'll change and we can go, okay?"

Harry nodded, Alex mirroring his actions. The room fell silent with just the two sitting next to each other, their minds rushing with thoughts, but their tongues seemed to be tied into knots. Nothing had happened, but the tension was clear in the air. Alex felt a weight on her chest with being so, so close to him and not being to properly have a conversation. He felt the same, realizing how much not talking to her could effect him.

Last night, the way his sister and Alex and Lee had interacted was enough to warm his heart with emotion he could not place his finger on. All he knew was that his heart was beating irregularly, his knees were bouncing nervously, but he was undeniably happy yesterday. Alex and Lee had become a major part of his life, like, they were the only people he had before his sister came to visit, and they still will be when she leaves.

Lee had invaded a major part of his heart, and he could almost say that she was like a priority to him. The girl was way too smart for her age, being exposed to situations she and her mother faced at an early age sure made her a lot more mature than a normal four year old. But, at the same time, she could be playful and cheeky when she wanted to, which was almost ninety percent of the time. The little girl was important to him, and he felt sorry for her father, who could not see his daughter the way Harry did. To Harry, she was an angel, an innocent child who deserved the world, and all the love and affection she could be offered, but to Mark, she was his biggest mistake, and he could not consider her as a gift, like Harry did. The two men were so different from each other. Harry was a nice person, despite what he'd gone through his entire life. You could say that defeating cancer twice had made him appreciate life more than ever before. Mark, on the other hand, was just cruel. He cared for only himself, his needs and pleasure. He liked the feeling he got when he used to yell at Alex. He liked to push his problems down her shoulders, just to see her suffer, because to him she had ruined his life, and messed up all his dreams that were yet to come true. He liked seeing her suffer, blaming her for his problems when she had nothing to do with them. He found pleasure in putting people below him, and that made Harry feel disgusted with him because no one should ever feel below anyone, or above. In Harry's eyes, people were equal, all of them.

Gemma emerged from the hallway, dressed in her famous blue jean jacket and dark jeans and DMs. Her blonde hair was thrown to the side, messy in just the right way. Alex couldn't help but think that all the Styles' were effortlessly gorgeous.