Chapter 1

I had never really thought about losing someone. It was always about losing myself. I haven't thought about what accompanies leaving, what it would feel like, and how I would have to deal with it. Ever since my Father passed away, I thought that was it. But I was proven wrong. I hate to think that it's okay, because it really isn't, well, not to me, at least. I'm still trying to move on. Fuck, I'm trying to hard to move on and forget it all, but it always seemed to haunt me. I'm still trying, and I have reached absolutely nothing. It feels like my heart will be scarred forever, and no one in the whole wide world would be able to fix it. No one, but Her. I'm in constant struggle against killing myself just to be able to see her again. See her again, kiss her, hold her a little too tight until she would say,"Get off of me, Harry!" like she always has. Her sweet voice is like music to my ears. I still call her number, just to hear her voice on her voicemail. Sometimes, it'd put me to sleep, and sometimes, I'd wake up drenched in my own sweat, shaking, crying as I hold the covers around me for dear life. I had come to a decision that I should just leave London, where everything happened. My sister, Gemma, said it would be better for me. Maybe it will be, maybe not. I don't know. But there's one thing I'm sure of: She will always be with me wherever I went, in my heart.

+

New York is a busy city. Too busy. London traffic was nothing compared to this. I had lost count of how many yellow cabs I saw in the past ten minutes. All I saw was people rushing down the streets, either heading to work or leaving. Tourists with their mouths agape passed by, snapping pictures of their surroundings or the tall buildings. I don't know.

I pushed my sweaty locks away from my face with the back of my hand before hauling my couch up the stairs. It was the last piece of furniture left, and I couldn't wait to finish everything I had set up. I had no one to help me, and frankly, I don't want anyone to. I want to build this on my own. This is a new chapter of my life.

I rented an apartment on the fifth floor. Wasn't the best choice, considering I had to walk about 145 steps every single day(I counted.) With all the strength left in me, I manage to reach the fifth floor without tripping or groaning this time. I push the key into the keyhole, dragging the couch behind me. I push it to the living room, situating it right in front of my new television.

Sighing in relief, I lay back down on the couch. The dull ache began to kick in my lower back up to my shoulders, causing a loud groan of pain to escape my lips. I closed my eyes and rested my folded hands on my lap. I wanted nothing but to sleep at the moment.

"There's nothing you can do about it," She giggled into her hand. I had just made dinner, but it was burned. She and I were only cuddling, but it turned into a disaster. I loudly groan before throwing my apron on the counter. I pout and cross my arms against my chest.

"Aw, it's okay, Harold," She teased, walking towards me and wrapping her arms around my waist from behind.

"My name is Harry," I grumbled, lamely trying to push her arms away. She only tightened her grip.

"I love you. I can eat burnt chicken, it's all right," She kissed my neck.

"I love you, too. And no, I'm not eating that shit,"

"Pizza, then?"

"Pizza it is," I kiss her lips, wrapping my arms around her waist, pulling her against me. I smile when she stands on the tip of her toes, trying to reach me.

A loud knock woke me up. I groaned, shutting my eyes before turning to lay on my stomach.

Answer the door, Harold.

"Fine," I whispered back to the voice inside my head. I wipe my eyes before making to my door. I frown when I am met with nothing. Must be some annoying children.

I am about to close the door when something, or rather someone, grabbed my leg. I yelp in surprise, looking down to see a little blonde girl hugging my leg.

"Um," I muttered, crouching down to her level. "Are you lost or something, love?"

She was breathing heavily, holding a worn teddy bear to her chest, wide eyes staring into mine.

"Hi, my name is Lee and I like cookies. I'm this big," she held up her hand, showing off four of her fingers,"And can I hide in your apartment for a bit, mister?"

I raise my eyebrows in surprise at the little girl. This is not what I expected.

"Why are you hiding? Does your mummy know you're here?" I flicker my head to the side, letting Lee in. She shook her head no as she rushed to the living room, seeming to struggle as she climbed up the couch, eventually succeeding. I lean against the door frame, watching her.

"Daddy is screaming at Mommy," She lowly muttered. I felt my heart sink, blinking a few times before making my way towards her little figure.

"Well, first of all, my name is Harry,"

"You sound funny," Lee giggled.

"That's because I'm British," I found myself laughing too. I haven't laughed in so long.

"And," I continued."You shouldn't run off like that again, okay Lee?"

She nodded.

"I would love for you to stay but, I have to take you home. Where do you live?" I ignore the ache in the back as I crouch down in front of her for the second time.

"Next door," She held her teddy against her chest, resting her chin on top of its head.

"Ah, so we're neighbors," I say. "Come on, now. Mummy and Daddy will be worried," I stick out my hand for her to hold onto to. A few moments pass, as if she's considering her choices. Eventually she accepts my hand and I walk her out.

"Are you new here, Harry?" Lee asked as we walk out my apartment.

"Yes, I arrived here just today,"

"Can we have a playdate tomorrow?" She bluntly asked. I chuckle at the little girl.

"Sure," I surprisingly say. "What are we going to play?"

"Princesses," She said a duh tone.

"But I'm afraid I'm not a girl," I joked.

"You said shore there's no turning back now!"

"Okay, fine," I knocked on the door. Lee pointed at it, which was right across of mine.

A few moments pass until a man answers the door. I am slightly taken back my his apperance. He wear a sharp suit, his blazing blue eyes staring into mine before trailing down to Lee. "You're outside? How the fuck did you get out here?" He screamed at Lee. She pouted, clutching onto my leg just like she did earlier.

"Hello," I say. "I'm Harry and I just moved in here."

"Lee here was just trying to make some new friends, right Lee?" Lee nodded. "And she promises to never run off like that again, right Lee?" I raise an eyebrow at her. She squints up at me for a second before nodding her head. I smile in satisfaction before gently ushering her in.

"I'll see you tomorro-" The door was shut.

And for the next two weeks, I didn't see Lee nor did I hear anything from her. The next day I waited for her to knock on my door, and I even considered knocking on hers, but nothing came.

Author's note: dont forget to vote x
22/2/2015
-Y x