Chapter Twenty

Francis

He reached the barrier of the Plynth and pointed his wand at the invisible barrier, an opening was created the then he got through and landed square on his feet on the lawn. Catherine was alerted of his presence and she rushed down from the stairs to greet him but she wasn't alone. A man in green apparel came down with her. He had a spikey brown hair, very pointed face with sharp ears to match. He also looked rather handsome and almost elf like with piercing green eyes and olive skin, he was tall and slim.

"I haven't seen you Francis for such a long time!" Exclaimed Phil and they hugged.

"That's because you're rarely around! It's rare for our schedules to collide." He pointed.

"I was surprised when he appeared all of a sudden and I told him you'd be here too! This is such surprise, the three of us united again after such a long time. I did not expect this, kind of like an early birthday present." She explained triumphantly.

Phil and Francis looked at each other giggling but albeit very pleased at their reunion.

"I got the food all prepared and ready, let's go have a drink first." Catherine rushed at the door on the ground floor and they all got in. They saw the porcelains and cutleries already laid out on the round table but only for two but Catherine just got out of the kitchen with a plate and a bottle in her hands and laid down the plate on the table.

Phil and Francis looked with glee at Catherine who opened the bottle with a popping sound and poured the bubbling liquid on the glasses. Now that they looked at those, they realized that they were quite thirsty.

Catherine handed them glasses, "Let's make a toast." She proclaimed, "For the siblings reunion!"

"Cheers!" and they clunked all their glasses.

They finished their first glass while they caught up with Francis' affairs and how he had been.

Francis worked for a very wealthy alchemial corporation that made magical technology and machines. He was the head supervisor of the research and development department.

"How are you doing Phil, what's happening with you?" Asked Francis

"You know what I do, I'm forbidden to talk about sensitive details you all know that but my mission in London is pretty interesting and irritating at the same time." He explained.

"Why is that?" Asked Catherine and Francis at the exact same time.

"Interesting because I've discovered something very interesting and irritating because I'm nowhere near to tracking my targets." Said Phil dismayed.

"That's rare coming from Phil the great knowing that's your specialty." Scoffed Francis. I bet you're just itching for some action." He added.

"Well, it just shows that the enemies also try to be ahead of the game." And Phil's face painted a shade of worry.

By the time they finished their second drink, Catherine began serving the starters. The whole house smelled of food and aromas and that made Phil and Francis quite hungry, he looked around and saw the paintings and sketches that Francis and Catherine made when they were little. There was a chandelier on the ceiling although it was not magically afloat, it illuminated the table. Catherine's place always had a sense of calm and peace, painted in cream and decorated with fancy ornaments and furnitures.

They all sat on the table and immediately demolished the first serving, and Catherine noticed that they were quite hungry.

"Catherine this is delicious!" as Francis put the last mini pie in his mouth.

"Catherine cooked it so of course!" Added Phil and Catherine chuckled.

"Thanks, I'll get the main course."

Catherine rushed to the kitchen and served them a fancy and colourful plate of meat, vegetables, sauce and other fancy nibbles.

"Catherine, this is beautiful!" Francis blurted.

"I agree!" Phil added.

"Eat up, there's plenty in the kitchen if you want to eat some more." Catherine informed them.

As they continued eating, "Catherine, would you be able to play us something later on? I'm sure Francis would love to hear the piece you played to me earlier."

"Sure, of course, you need not ask, you know I always do."

"You have a new piece, Catherine?" Francis asked.

"Oh, it's enchanting Francis, wait till you hear it." Phil informed.

"So, how were your lessons today?" Francis asked as he was slicing his meat.

"I had two more group lessons and I have three other students that I tutor one on one." Said Catherine. "Two girls and a boy, they're the children of Dame Helena, Sir Troy and Mark. They're all excellent students. They will all be great musicians in the near future. They're all in a band and play for Celestia Orchestra."

As they finished the main course, Catherine served them their favourite dessert which they finished and enjoyed. They relaxed, talked and drank a bit more to ease out their fullness until it was time for Catherine to entertain her two guests.

They headed to the first floor of Catherine's abode where she taught her students. The walls and the roof of the room magically moved and reorganized themselves as floor extensions and got out of the way where they blocked the shining stars of the beautiful night.

"Looks like Catherine's going all the way." Whispered Francis.

A massive snail like apparatus materialized from out of the floor whilst Catherine positioned herself to play the cello whilst her guests made themselves comfortable sitting on a chair.

The Orchestrator began reverberating the intro of the musical piece and then Catherine started playing along.

Phil glanced at Francis who looked serious as he listened intently to the music, mesmerized and moved by the piece. And it seemed as though the stars in the heavens rejoiced as they glittered along the notes and chords that were being played.