Chapter Seventeen

The Library

"Why do you all hate each other so much?" he asked Phil, incredulously.

"Well, you're the newest one, sooner or later you'll figure it out. Despite you being labelled as a genius, you still have a lot of things to learn and to pick up, you only joined us less than a year ago." Phil informed him.

"All of you are bunch of weirdos, I don't get any of you!" Kieron (Flanagan) explained

Phil made his move, "Erm, where are you going?" Kieron asked as he followed Phil.

"Don't you have an important business to attend to?" Phil asked.

"I do, but nothing urgent, I just want some company for the time being, where are you heading?

"I just need to see some friends and then I'll head back straight to London." Phil informed him.

"Can I come with you?" he asked

"Do as you wish." Phil replied indifferently.

"Yey! I just want us to be friends, I think you're really the only one I can get on with, they're all pretty scary." Kieron explained.

"They can be, you should be scary too, you have to be in order to be "one of us"." Phil said.

"Nah, that's nothing, I'm not a genius, I'm just a hard worker." said Kieron

"You're so humble."

"Thanks!"

"Where are we going? Kieron asked.

"To the museum first, I just want to look around."

"It sounds like, you're up to something." Kieron said. Phil did not say anything.

They continued walking in the dark room until space opened up for them to exit.

This time it was the exact opposite, it was white and bright, the marble walls are shining. They saw the exit door, it was an arch door which was pretty massive in size, it could accommodate ten people at the same time.

They ended up in another hallway that led to the stairs. There were a few people around and they noticed them, but did not have any reaction whatsoever.

They headed down the stairs until they got outside of the tower building. "The museum is about a mile away from here." Kieron muttered.

"I'm only going to walk, I have flown for hours, I need some exercise." said Phil.

"I agree, I could do with a bit of exercise, too." Kieron added.

It was almost dawn and the Ministerium city was still very quiet.

"Soon it will be very busy, hence it's the perfect time to visit." said Phil

They continued walking in the vast empty space, there were no streets, just flat pavements and lawns. Phil seemed to savour the green surroundings. It looked grand and calming.

Phil looked at the grand statue of a man in the horizon, it was laden in fancy ornaments and a crown. It was not like any statue you'd normally see, it was almost lifelike, Phil paused momentarily and looked at it, Kieron was puzzled by it. "Is there something up, Phil" he asked, but he ignored him, this seemed to irritate Kieron slightly as none of his colleagues are social towards him.

"Nothing really, I just wanted to look at it." Let's go.

They reached the museum building Phil was after, it shone at the sunrise, there was a massive fountain in front and there were stairs that led to the entrance of the building.

"Why exactly do you want to visit the museum, sure it's not for sightseeing, right?"

"Sure, but why do you need to be so nosy? I only agreed for you to follow me not question me." Phil said nonchalantly.

"Sure, sure! I must be careful not to annoy him." He muttered.

They entered the museum, it was well lit inside and smelled of sweet aroma.

At the entrance, you could see the many ornaments, such as jewelries, apparatuses, gold, machines, clothes and old statues that date back thousands of years ago. They all seemed to be encased in an enchanted barrier, some even inside a cylindrical shape that rise up to the ceilings.

Phil looked around until he saw a line of wands encased in a barrier. He looked at each one of them and Kieron observed rather amused. He wondered what he was looking for but he didn't dare say a word.

On their right, they saw a staircase that led to the library. Phil looked at it for a second and decided to make his way in there.

The library was quite massive and extensive, he looked at one section that read applied magic and looked intently at the alphabetically organised series of books. He started with A and he saw Anomalies of Magic, he pulled out a marble from his pocket and it turned into a flat rectangle glass sheet, he keyed in some information and the sheet folded back again into a sphere the size of a marble and returned it back in his pocket

Kieron looked at him curiously but did not bother interrupt him.

"I got what I need, I need to go." Phil said to Kieron.

"Ah! Where are you going?"

"I have breakfast appointment with Chloe"

"Yeah, but could I join you?"

"No! Don't you have other things to do?"

"Fine, I guess I'll just find something else to do for the time being." Kieron finally decided to give up.

Kieron's neck ornament came off and before it hit the ground, it morphed into a board, it floated just a few inches above the ground. Kieron hopped on the board and he began to descend.

"I'll see you when I see you." Kieron said to Phil and he was gone.