A New Day 31

*BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP*
                                                                                                                                                *Click*
    'Five more minutes!' you scream in your head.

    'I hate mornings.' You toss the covers off your body hoping that the cold air would be motivation to get up. While slinging your feet over your bed, you slide off and sit on the ground. 'Maybe if I get ready really fast, I will have time to sneak in a game or two' you think.

    You quickly put on the clothes you had set out yesterday and run to the bathroom. You turn the warm water on and wash your face and then brush your teeth. After about five minutes of this you look up and look at the reflection staring back at you. Your {H/L} {H/C} hair messily tied up in a bun from last night sagging to the side slightly and {E/C} looking lazily in the reflective glass.

        You stare at yourself a little bit longer, squinting your eyes as if your trying to remember something. This seems eerily familiar. You shrug it off and start to walk downstairs. A pain in your head shoots up and you throw your head down in your hands, rubbing your temples with your thumbs. You start to get a little dizzy and your vision is a little hazy, so you lean on the stairs' bar so you don't fall while going down.

        I might have not gotten enough sleep last night.

        You go into your living room and plop down on your couch. Oddly enough, you don't remember what you have to do today. You wrack your brain for some possible answers and realize you have work today.

        Hmm. How did I forget ?

        You walk into the kitchen and get out some cereal to eat. You pour yourself a bowl of lucky charms and then some milk. As you eat, your eyes stray away from the colorful cereal and to a spot on your dining table. It is clean as can be.

        Why does that spot seem important? Is there something that I don't remember ?

        I finish my cereal and head out to town where hopefully I can work and remember some things.

        As I get there, everyone greets me and I start my shift. Boring as always, but hello!, it's money.

        I sing for a while and my eyes wander off into the crowd, specifically to a gentleman with black hair in line to get a coffee. Why does he look so familiar? Is there something that I am missing? This day is already feeling quite odd.. Almost like a nightmare.

        I get a break at two and it is 1:59 right now, so I head off the stage to get some late lunch with some friends.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        My long day job ends and it is dark out. I wave at everyone as I leave the shop. The cold winter wind hits me and I shiver a bit. I look up at the moon which is full and shining brightly. I go along side the road on the sidewalk and walk toward the forest that I can cut through to get to my house faster. It is 10pm, so I think I might stay away from dark places as best as I can. I take the safe route home.

        I throw my belongings on the ground and flop onto the couch after locking the door to my house. This day has felt really weird to me for some reason.. I have been getting headaches every now and then- even for the simplest of actions..  Have I lived this day before? Or perhaps I have such a scheduled and plain boring, predictable life. Do I put on a facade to the world everyday, that I don't even know who the real me is anymore?

        "Ouch!" I say to myself as I hold onto my head that is now throbbing. My head hurts with certain words it feels like.. Uhggg. My brain is trapped..

        "OUCH!!" It happened again!! "Such a mind flip!! OUCH OH MY GOD STOP!" My head is being pushed between my hands so much that I am afraid I might crush it like a watermelon.

        Ugh whatever, I'll just deal with it in the morning. For now, I'll just take a quick shower and go to bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

        As I finish with my shower, I stare at my fogged mirror.

        Today has been a really weird day. Why do I feel ... incomplete? I'm not missing anything, am I? *sigh* What is going on?

        I put my pointer finger to the mirror and draw half a heart and stare at it. That's how I feel like right now. A broken half.

        I sigh once more and head into my room. I go onto my computer for a while and see my homepage up. I check my emails like I do every night and see something peculiar on there. Spam perhaps?

        "Awesome Links To Check Out!" The title says. I delete it and refresh the browser for any mail that might have just now went through. The email appears again. I stare at it for a second before deleting it again. I wait for a moment before coming to the conclusion that it keeps appearing back on my unread list. I click on it and read the list of links displayed. These are just normal websites. YouTube, Facebook, twitter, cleverbot, ... Wait. Cleverbot? Why does my head hurt while reading that?? I decide to poke and prod the information out of the internet instead of thinking too hard about it myself. I click on the link to Cleverbot and it pulls up the normal website for it. I decide to muse the website and play along.

"Hello." I type in.
"Hello!" It responds. We continue this chat for a couple minutes until I come to the conclusion that it is the generic, basic website. I turn away from its glow for a second to get my drink sitting beside me and turn back to see a message disappear as quickly as it appeared. Can a website take back what it said? If I saw correctly, I thought it said 'You forgot.' I type in the bar asking what it said, but it is not cooperating with me.
"I forgot?"
"You forgot what?"
"You said that I forgot?"
"I forgot."
"Never mind."

        I put the computer on sleep mode and crawl into bed. I get settled and close my eyes.

        Perhaps tomorrow will be better.