Contract 15

Chapter 15

                                                                                                                                BEN's POV

        ' "THOSE ARE MY DAMN LUCKY CHARMS!" ' She yells at me. I crack up as I watch her through the phone. I decide to send her a little message saying, "You want it? Take it. Also your battery is low. Keep it charged for me." As I am about to send it, I decide to add in something extra.. "<3". There. That should do it. I watch as she rolls her eyes and shuts off the phone. I laugh to myself. She thinks shutting off her phone is going to shut off me. She's never been so wrong in her life. Maybe I should stick around for a while..

**

        She walks for a while, not taking the shortcut through the woods. Is she still scared that she will get back to the mansion? She then reaches her job and walks in.

"Hi guys!" She says in a cheerful voice. All the workers give her a few weird looks and go back to their job. She tries to punch in her card but they stare at her in disbelief when she goes into the back.

"Um. Excuse me?" Her ex manager says to her.

"Hey Joe! Just clocking in." She says to him. He looks discombobulated at her as she punches in her pin number to start the clock. It works. Joe looks painfully at her while trying to explain to her that he doesn't remember hiring her and how he didn't know how the code she typed in worked. Her face was full of pain. She should have just listened to me. She does a walk of shame as she exits the cafe, earning shocked looks from the customers and workers. Once she leaves she goes passed some stores and to a bench area with a water fountain in the middle. She sits down and looks at her open hands. 

"Nobody remembers me.." She says in a soft voice, barely audible to hear.

"How? Was I that easy to forget?" She says, easier to hear this time.

        A single tear escapes her right eye as she balls up her fists. So this is her breaking point, huh? I don't feel bad, she should have listened to me. I get out of the phone and land smoothly on the ground behind her. She put her hands on her face, covering her eyes with her elbows resting on her knees. I go in front of her and sit down on the bench. She notices and looks up at me. 

"Why did they forget..?" She says quietly.

        I shush her and calmly say that it's going to be alright, even though I don't know if it is. It might be if she comes back with me to Slender's mansion, but she's so stubborn. Maybe if I break her a little, she will do whatever I say. It's a nuisance to keep watching her 24/7 like Slender wants me to do. But something about her makes me want to look after her. I just can't put my finger on it.. 'Must be the hair.. yeah. that's what it is..'

        She starts to let out a small cry into her hand. I don't know what to do with crying girls! I usually kill them because it's annoying. I wrap my left arm around her shoulder and pull her into a side embrace. She hesitantly leans her head on my chest and I hold her closer. I whisper soft, soothing words to help her calm down, like:

"It's going to be alright."

"I'm here."

"You don't have to go through this alone."