Questions 5

Chapter 5

        I nod as I get up from my seat. Slendy escorts me out of the kitchen and to his office. His office door is tall and wide with tiny patterns carved on black paint. Inside, there is a big wooden desk with an even bigger chair. It's the type of chair that you would want to turn around in while saying, "I've been expecting you."

        Surrounding the room is filing cabinets and a calendar. Yesterday's date was circled with a blue marker, while some other days were circled with a red marker. He motions for me to sit on a small chair in front of his desk in his grey room. He takes a seat in the big boss chair and looks at me with his blank face- or at least I think he is looking at me. He could be making faces at me the whole time but I would never know. 

"{Y/N}, how have you slept?" He says casually.

"Uh, good I guess.. Thanks for the room." I say back. What else can I say?

"Good. Today is going to be a rather different day as you would imagine. It's more a less a transition day for you." Slendy says as he tilts his head slightly.

"Transition day as in from my normal life to this?" I ask.

"Well, yes that and..." Slendy picks his words carefully as to not cause any confusion, "There are still many unanswered questions that are floating around. Any question you have, you can ask today. Once today is over, however, I am afraid you cannot ask anything else."

"What do you mean? Nobody will answer my questions?" I say, tilting my head slightly like Slendy's.

"No.. Well. You will find out what I mean then." He says sitting back into his chair.

        What does he mean? Am I still going to stay here or do they other plans for me? Either way, I don't feel safe.

"So you said I can ask anything, right?" I say to him.

        His head perks up and leans in a little. "Anything in my knowledge." He says.

        What do I want to ask first? A whole day to ask questions and my mind goes blank! My mother has been asking for this day to come for a lond time.. Too bad she isn't here to see it. That reminds me, maybe he knows about my parents?

"Do you know what happened to my parents?" I say, shying away from his eyes.

        He looks a little sad, but answers. " Your mother and father were different. They were like us, however, you were not. They were shunned in the human world for what they looked like and were forced to give you up."

"But they never told me anything like that.. They said they were going on a trip when I was 12 and never came back.." I say sadly. 

"They were forced to leave. Death threats were given to you and your family. Because you were their blood, you did not see anything wrong with them, but everyone else around you could. Your mother, when you were 6, was a nurse who could heal anyone with just a touch from her hand. Jealously set in with all her co-workers and they set a trap for her one night. Her face was burned and brutally beaten. She then quit her job and killed her co-workers by the time you were 10. The only person she couldn't heal was herself, so she was with you at home for those six years. Your father on the other hand was a business man. He sold wishes to people who needed help in life. In return, they owed him their soul. People found out about the business when you were 12 and that's when your parents took a trip.." Slender took a breath from all of these words, "The plane your parents were on was never found."

        My breath became shaky and irregular after hearing this. I know I wanted the truth, but I didn't expect it to be like this. A tear escapes my right eye and I quickly brush it away. The world is an evil place, not my parents. Although my dad was questionable..

"So.. Why am I human if they are not? I say to the man still leaning on his desk.

"That's the exact question I have been asking myself." Slendy says back to me.

        He leans back into his chair and looks up at the ceiling, probably waiting for me to ask something else or change the subject. I regain my composure and ask another question.

"Why am I here?" I ask quietly, looking at my hands intertwined together on my lap.

        He looks at me and says, "You are 17 years old and have been living on your own secretly for the past five years. You have held a job and stayed in school all by yourself. I tell you about your parents and you still remain calm." He leans in one last time. "You are quite remarkable. but for why you are here, I need to find out something." He looks down at the floor and says, " Unfortunately just watching you isn't enough. I need you here for a while. It is for your safety that you stay here. Anyways, I have a lot of work to do now. I will answer any question you have later. See you at lunch, my child."

        I nod and think about his words as I leave his room. 'Watching you isn't enough.' Watching me?

        I walk down the hall and back to the kitchen. It seems like Masky and the hooded fellow are eating an after breakfast snack of cheesecake.

        Cheesecake... Why does that remind me of my home? Wait... Watching me.. Cheesecake... Kitchen... THOSE TWO WERE AT MY HOUSE!

"Hey you two, did you leave cheesecake at my house?" I say without thinking.

        Masky looks at the hooded guy and back at me.

"D-Did Slender tell you that you were being looked after?" He says a little softly.

"Yes." I confirmed.

"Then yeah. Although that day it wasn't me, it was Hoodie. I had to stay here with Jeff. Or at least I would have if he didn't leave." He said.

        I look over at Hoodie and see that he is silently eating away at the rest of his cheesecake. Slender is a sneaky sneaky guy to have planned all of this. But why me? They all look like dangerous people here, but why aren't they all being mean to me?

        I thank them both and go to the couch in the living room. BEN and Jeff are playing some kind of fighting game.

"CHEATER, YOU ARE SUCH A CHEATER!" Jeff yells at BEN.

"You are just a sore loser, Jeff." Ben mocks Jeff.

"And you'll be sore after I shove this remote up your—"

"{Y/N}! Come, sit down and join in our friendly conversation." BEN interrupts Jeff while patting the couch space beside him.

        I walk over from behind, not wanting to walk in front of their game, inducing more wrath from Jeff. I sit beside BEN and watch as his character kicks Jeff's in the head. It reminded me of when I kicked Jeff in the head yesterday. I look over at Jeff on the opposite side of the couch with his eyes glued to the t.v. He doesn't have any bruises from it, so I guess that's good.

        Out of nowhere Jeff gets up and powers off the game.

"Aw and I was just about to win." BEN says with a smirk to Jeff.

        Jeff ignores BEN's whine and changes the channels on the t.v. to a soap opera and walks over to where BEN and I sit. He grabs BEN by his green tunic and drags him to the wide screen t.v.

"What are you-!!" BEN yells at him. 

        Jeff, clearly unfazed by BEN's confusion, shoves him into the t.v. and walks back over to me. I start to panic. How did he throw BEN into the T.V!? Is he going to do the same thing to me??

        Jeff grabs the remote that is sitting beside me from where he threw it earlier when he was picking up BEN and shuts off the t.v. He then walks off with the remote and goes to his room.

        I was the only one left in the living room sitting on the couch with my mouth wide open, stunned. What the heck just happened...