Brainwashed 27

BEN's POV

        We walk hand in hand out of the alleyway and on to the busy streets. She swings her hand which makes my connecting one swing in unison. I look ahead at the buildings surrounding us. Small shops are crowded with late afternoon shoppers. A nearby cafe has workers going left and right to wait tables. The bright sun shines in my blue eyes, temporarily blinding me as I look up at the sky. A flower shoppe employee comes up to me and tries to stop us. I ignore them and continue walking with {Y/N}. I grab a rose from the flower stand without the worker noticing and hand it to {Y/N}. She smiles and sniffs the rose. The tall business buildings seem to tower above us as we pass by, casting a shadow on our bodies by blockading the sun.

        As we are about to cross the street, I fell my hand tightening. I turn to see {Y/N} pulling me back from stepping on the road. She presses the crosswalk button and the red hand flashes to a green walking person, signalling us to go. I blush slightly, thinking of what could have happened if I made her walk out into traffic. I step into the crosswalk along with a crowed of people, looking at my feet. I feel {Y/N}'s hand tighten against my grip once more as I turn my head to the side to look at her. She has slowed her walk and has stopped. Letting go of my hand, she stares down at the ground in the middle of the street. I look up at the crosswalk sign, saying that we have ten more seconds to cross before traffic is allowed to pass. Her eyes turn a dark color of purple. My mind races with thoughts of getting her out of the road and to safety. Zalgo is trying to control her right now. People are dispersing and thinning out as {Y/N} and I just stand there. I grab her arm, not wanting to waste any time talking and drag her to the other side of the road just in time.
        She yanks her arm away from me and backs up, almost tripping onto the road behind her. I reach out a hand to help stable her but she smacks it away. I wrinkle my eyebrows in confusing and hurt. She looks up to me with worry in her eyes, realizing what she had done. She takes a step to me and then goes back to her defensive state. She looks into my eyes with pain, then it turns dark. Amusement. Is Zalgo enjoying himself? The next look she gives me hurts me the most. Her eyes seem to look beyond mine, like I am not even standing with her. Her eyes slightly move to the right of my head and walks right passed me. I yell after her and follow her down the street. She takes sharp turns and so do I.
        She ends up in a secluded part of town and turns her head slightly, noticing that I am following her. She quickly turns and goes in a completely different direction. I watch as I see more and more people walk by us, signalling to me that we are back in a public place. She goes on like this for about four blocks until she abruptly stops and turns to look at me. I give her a look as she returns my expression. She walks up to me, seeming to want to hug, but instead she just puts my hands on her cheeks and moves them down to her neck while holding my wrists tightly. She opens her mouth and I expect her to say something, except my ears are met with a high-pitched scream. She wails at the top of her lungs to turn every head passing by in our direction. I try to remove my hands from her grip but I wasn't fast enough. People come over to help her and push me off of her. She starts to cry and thank them for their help and I get nasty looks. A big, muscular guy comes up to me and punches me right in the face and pushes me back. Some other guys grab me from behind and put my arms behind my back while the bigger guy blocks my view from {Y/N}. I would have fought back knowing that they were no match for me, but something stopped me. I peek over the guy's shoulder to see a glimpse of {Y/N} crying on someones shoulder. I feel my body heat up in anger. Why would she do this!? I remove myself from the guys holding me back while they spit out nasty phrases at me. {Y/N} see's that I am now walking to her, pushing the other guys away and she looks at me while still having her head on someones shoulder. This expression stops me in my tracks. This very expression is the one that made me stop dead in my tracks and stare at her. This expression is the one that now has led me into jail.
        She smiled.
        She ... Smiled!? She knew what she was doing and loved it! How could she?
        I am trapped in this cell for a couple hours before Masky came and stared at me from outside the jail cell. "What happened?" He asks me in his human form. I ponder on that question. What exactly did happen?

"I... I don't know." I say to him. I look down at my hands.

"Where's {Y/N}?" He asks me with a hint of panic in his voice. I look up to him and grab the bars. Anger wells up inside me as I say "SHE did this!" with venom in my voice.

        Masky looks at me straight in the eyes, not knowing what I am talking about. I regain my control for a bit and back off while he talks to the jailer to bail me out. He tries to talk to me but I keep shutting him down and just walk to the mansion. Once there I go straight up to my room, ignoring Slender who is now yelling at me. He yells threats at me, but I know he can't do anything to me if he can't catch me. I go over to my games and take COD off the wall and throw it on the ground. I jump in the game to relieve stress and try to forget the day.

        I should have killed her when I had the chance. I guess Zalgo was actually doing me a favor by trying to kill her. I think. No. I can't think that. It's Zalgo who is behind this, not {Y/N}..

        But still. I wonder where she is.