Chapter 10: Couple?!

Your P.O.V

BEN sat beside me in a withered bench. But he was silent. He seemed distant as if reminiscing something.

This boy here is that boy who used to be red from crying a lot. The kid who was lonely, isolated from the rest of the children. My memory is fuzzy right now, I can't exactly remember how he looked.. I remember extremely little of him, but I do remember how happy he was to see me back then and how other children ignored his existence. That's about it. But the forlorn look in his eyes tells another story.

He's just a phantom now.. He's Dead.. He said so himself.

His name? Well, it's "BEN Drowned" now.. Right? His real name? Benjamin... Something. I don't remember.

Did the facility do this? To him? The odds of reuniting with a person you've separated with after so many years seems almost astronomical . And yet, here he is. A boy who I seem to have known.

I closed my eyes and tried my best to remember anything- anything else. The silence was eerie. The only faint comfort found in this creepy and broken-down amusement park was the presence of BEN. The wind softly howls as leaves danced around in sync with it. The creaking of the rusty gate didn't help either. But, there was no use. Nothing comes to mind. Nothing but entire, blank darkness and a little headache.

I opened my eyes and sigh in defeat.

BEN was just like me and everyone before. But I just know that he wasn't like this.. He was human. Think back, (Y/N). When was the last time you ever saw BEN? Was it here? No.. No it couldn't be. Was it on a school? A playground? My house? No. My mom would have recognized him then. Then, how could he have possibly just.. disappear and reappear? I don't even know what year I met him was.

From the corner of my eyes, I stared at him intently. Thinking that maybe I could remember even just a tiny scrap about him. He was looking down on the ground, watching nothing in particular. Until he looked up at me.

"So, are you gonna sit there and stare or do you want the answers to your questions? A promise is a promise." BEN said, breaking the silence. "But then again, I can't blame you since I can be a sight to behold." He added a grin.

"I-I wasn't staring," I speedily denied. "Heh. That's what they all say." He retorted.

"Anyways. I.. I wanna know why you tried to harm James.. You seem to know who he is. Why did you do that? How the hay did you even make those explosions??" I asked those questions really quickly, I was beginning to wonder if BEN even understood a single word that I said I should repeat. "And also.. Those people .. People you.. Killed.." I said in a hushed tone.

BEN sat upright on the withered bench that gave a croak of protest when he did so. He dug around on his pocket for a while and spoke.

"Those men I killed? Those men were planning to kill us." He answered. "What?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"Each of them had these." BEN fished out a plastic card from his pocket. An all too well and familiar type of key card. "Members of the facility." He said before I could utter another question.

BEN sighed. "It must have been a horrid sight to see heads fly." He said. I remained silent.

"At the time, they may have seemed to be there to 'rescue' you and James from the 'terrorist' or 'villain', yours truly. But should they have succeeded on rid of me first, they would have gotten you afterwards, make up some bullshit story about their fake heroism and how they weren't able to 'make it in time' for the girl- type of shit." BEN scornfully ranted. "Wow." Was all I could say about that.