Chapter 5: The Inmate

WARNING: CURSING, BAD WORDS

Chapter 5: The Inmate

           Your P.O.V

                     "Run. Run Bitch. Run!" I continued to tell myself inwardly as I gritted my teeth. I ran through the thick array of trees. Dang it, the pressure. I should have thought this out thoroughly before I did this dumb! And here I am, running through the seemingly endless woods, at night. Snakes and bears are probably just the least of my problems.

                     What if I get so lost that I couldn't get help? What if Mister Bart got stabbed by that girl?! Who is she anyway.. But most of all, WHO is this 'Bart'? Though I shouldn't blame him. He was injured after all.. But then, he must've got followed.

                     After what seemed like endless hours, in which reality was just minutes, I finally snapped. "Oh for CRYING OUT LOUD!" It's just so frustrating! It's really driving me nuts to see the seemingly same trees and— 

Oof!

                    My foot got caught on a lingering tree root. I fell on the muddy ground, with more leaves stuck to my face and clothes. Ugh, I hate this. All I could feel was the dampness of the soil and nature around my face. As I scrambled to get up, my hand felt a plastic-like substance under it. I cocked my eyebrow as I picked up the item and wiped off the mud. It was a key card. With numbers and letters written on it. 

TS2-659 Gloven Roye.

On the upper-right of the card was a picture of a man. A man with red hair and brown eyes. He has the same uniform as Mister Bart. 

Not knowing what importance this would be for me, I placed it on my pocket. Anything could happen right now. Whatever this all is, this key card could surely be related somehow. 

                     I stand up, not bothering to wipe away the mud and plants around my body. Like that would help. I continued to look around in distress. Where to go. I can't turn back. Not now, that I've ran a marathon.

                     I let out a ragged breath and was about to head a random way when I heard a noise. It was too low and maybe muffled, if it wasn't silent here I wouldn't have heard it at all. It was a siren. Uh, no. Not a pretty mermaid that suddenly appeared down on the dirt, sorry. It's like an alarm. One you would hear from ambulances and police cars. 

                     "Sirens.. Sirens means people, right??" I thought. Maybe it's the police! I was feeling excited as newly found hope and adrenaline had just appeared. I ran into where I think the siren is coming from.