Chapter 23

Mariah P.O.V.
I just came from work and decided to head over to the hospital. I walked up to Chris room and pecked his right cheek.
" Hey Baby, How Was Your Day?" I asked knowing I am not going to get a response.
" Well.. Guess What? Nicki Sent Me The Song That You, Meek Mill And Her Just Finished I Got To Say My Baby Got Talent Yes He Do.." I laughed then continued.
" I Also Put It As My Ringtone.." Then my phone started ringing.

~Got The Club Going Cr-~

I answered my phone and it was Christina.
Phone Conversation
Me: Yes Chrissy?
Christina: Ma, Where You At?
Me: I Am At The Hospital Visiting Your Dad.
Christina: Why You Didn't Come And Get Me And CJ?
Me: Sorry, This Was Just Something I Planned Doing Afterward Since I Was Over This Way. I Mean I Can Bring You Guys Either Tonight Kr Tomorrow Night When I Get Off Work.
Christina: Okay, Well Tell Daddy I Said Hey And That I Love Him.
Me: I Will And I Am Pretty Sure He Is Saying It Back.
Christina: He Better.
Me: Girl Hush, Talk To You Later And Love You.
Christina: Alright Love You Mommy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
When I got off the phone with Christina, I just started to lay my head beside Chris and drift off to sleep.

9:54 p.m.
My phone woke me up because somebody was calling me.
Phone Conversation
Me: Hello?
???: Hey Mimi, You Good?
Me: Who Is This?
???: Me, Chyna.. Duh.
Me: Oh Hey Chyna Baby, I Just Picked My Phone Up Without Looking At Caller ID. But I Mean I Could Be Better.
Chyna: Girl.. I Swear This All Just Happened So Fast And Then It Feel Like We Were All Just In High School Having Fun.
Me: I Know Chyna Baby, But I Don't Think This Is The Right Time To Actually Be Going Off Those Type Of Memories.. Not Just Yet. I Am Still Reliving The Ones With Me And Him.
Chyna: Oh, I Am So Sorry.
Me: No, It's Good. I Know Where You Coming From Though Because I Am Still As In Much Shock As Everyone Is. Its Like Everyone Is Having This Picture Of Me Not Having Feelings Or Care That My Husband Is Laying Down In This Bed.. Mainly Brain Dead. Its Five Percent Likely That He Will Survive.. Five Percent, That's Barely Ten Percent Or Twenty. Even If He Do Come Back, He Won't Be The Chris That We Know And Love. It's Like I Am And Would Be Losing The Person I Have Been Loving For Almost My Entire Life.
Chyna: Calm Down Babygirl And Trust Me, I Understand That Feeling Is Horrible.
Me: Yeah It Is, But I Will Call You Back When I Get Home.
Chyna: Alright, Love You Mimi.
Me: Love You, Too Chy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Before I gathered my stuff, I went over and pecked his forehead, cheek then lips. I walked over to the couch and gathered up my belongings and walked out the room leaving as I came in the hospital.. depressed. Ten minutes later, I reached home and the twins met me at the door.
" Hey Mama Babies." I said while picking both of them up then I bumped into CJ.
" Hey CJ."
" Oh Hey Ma." He said low.
" What's Wrong?" I asked while putting the twins down.
" Nothing, Just Been Thinking." He said while getting a water bottle out the fridge and orange off the kitchen counter. The doorbell rang so I went and opened the door, a girl was standing there looking all sweet and innocent.
" Yes, How May I Help You?"
" Is Christopher Here?" I instanly thought of Chris but knowing this little girl she had to been talking about CJ.
" Yes." I turned and call his name then he came running to the door.
" Oh, Marcella. What Are You Doing Here?" He asked with a huge smile on his face.
" Remember We Have A Project To Do."
" Oh Yeah, I Forgot."
" You Can Come In Marcella." CJ looked at me as if I was ruining something so they went into the living room and started talking. I was in the kitchen eavesdropping but cooking at the same time.
" So.. What Is Our Project Going To Be Dealing With?" Marcella asked.
" Whatever You Want It To Be."
" Okay, Since It's A Science Project I Was Seeing If We Could Do A Solar System Project."
" Whatever You Want It To Be." I shook my head because that boy does not have any game then Christina came into the kitchen.
" Hey Ma. Who The Pretty Girl Thats With CJ?"
" She Say Her Name Is Marcella." I said while putting the chopped up vegetables in the pot.
" What.. I Know Her, Well Her Sister And She Is Like Popular." Christina started to walk in the living room.
" Chrissy?" She just kept walking.
" Hey Marcella." Christina said.
" Christina?" Marcella asked while hugging each other then started talking. CJ walked into the kitchen looking all sad.
" Aw, CJ Are You Okay?"
" Ma, Chrissy Have Taken Marcella Away From Me And I Am Pretty Sure She Know What She Is Doing."
" It's Okay, I Am Pretty Sure They Are Going To Have A Quick Girl Talk And It Will Be Back To You And Marcella."

45 minutes later..
I was done with dinner, Marcella and Christina were still talking.
" Hey Marcella, Are You Staying For Dinner?"
" No Ma'am, It's Getting Pretty Late And My Mom Just Called Me Saying She Is On The Way."
" Okay, Well It Was Nice Meeting You."
" Nice Meeting You, Too Mrs.Brown." Marcella started walking toward the door and CJ started walking behind her to the door.
" Where Are You Going?" She paused and asked CJ.
" I Was Walking You To The Door."
" Aw, How Sweet Christopher. It Was Nice Working Wth You, Hopefully We Can Work On Our Project Tomorrow."
" Okay, You Have My Number, Right?" He nod his head and shut the door.
" Look At My CJ And His Future Girlfriend."
" Future Girlfriend? Marcella Have A Boyfriend And Its Not.. CJ." Christina joined in.
" Chrissy.."
" Whatever, But Ma I Think She Likes Me." He said while sitting down to the table and Christina started laughing.
" What's Funny, Chrissy?"
" Ma, Are You Really Thinking That He Have A Shot With This Girl?"
" I Mean You Never Know." I said while eating a pieceof my steak and mashed potato.
" Ma, She Calling Me." CJ said while looking at the phone call.
" Answer It Boy." He walked off from the table and answered the phone.
" Wow, I Can't Believe You Are Feeling That Boy Head Up With Lies."
" What You Mean?"
" Marcella Do Not Like CJ Or Guys Like CJ." Christina said while rolling her eyes then eating the food.
" What?.." Then CJ walked into the dining room with a straight face.
" What She Say?"
" She Want Chrissy Number." He said while looking at her.
" Aw Okay, Well I Will Get It When Dinner Is Over." Christina said with a smirk.
" I Am Pretty Sure, Chrissy And Marcella Is Going To Be Talking About You A lot." I said while nudging his shouders.
" Ma, What Did I Just Tell You About That? We Didn't Mention Nothing About Him Or Stupid Project They Are Doing." Christina said.
" Why Are You Such A Hater?" CJ asked Christina.
" Hater Of What? When Is The Last Time You Had A Girlfriend Or What Happen To That Girl Who Came Before? Do You Notice That You Are Either Running Them Away Or Just Doesn't Have Any Game."
" I Am Sick Of Your Shit, I MayNot Go Through Relationships Like You Do. But, I Know One Day Somebody Will Like Me For Me." CJ walked away from the table.
" So, Where Is Grandma?" Christina asked.
" Really? Like Did You Not Just Hear Your Brother Or.. Anything He Just Said." She just kept looking at me.
" Nope." Then she shrugged her shoulders and kept eating. After dinner was done, I decided to go check on CJ then I noticed his door was cracked and he was sitting on his bed writing in this journal. I just decided to go in my room and let CJ just have his space. I laid down and thought of me and Chris anniversary tomorrow.

In the morning..
Christina woke me up out of my sleep.
" What Little Girl?"
" The Twins Are Crying."
" Okay And You Always Have Got Them When They Were Crying."
" Just Get Up." I got out of bed and the twins were not in their room so I hurried downstairs to see Christina and Mama Joyce with flowers and a banner saying ' Happy Anniversary Chris And Mariah .'
" Aw, Thank You." I hugged Christina and Mama Joyce.
" Where Is CJ?" I asked.
" Up In His Room Getting Ready." I nod my head and went to go check on him. I knocked on his door and waited for him to say something.
" Come In."
" Hey, You Getting Ready For School?"
" Yeah."
" You Like School So Far?"
" Yeah.." He said while trying to figure out something.
" Okay, Just Asking."
" So.." He cut me off.
" Mom, Come On Now I Have To Go. See You Later And Love You." He walked out his room
" Love You, Too." While I was leaving out, I stepped on a hard object and it was.. CJ journal. I picked it up and started looking through it, one page stood out the most.

~ My Dad Thinks That Being In A Non-Sports Program Will Make Me Less Than A Man. When In Reality, He Sings So What's The Difference Between My Options And His Ambtions. I Love My Pops, I Do But Since I Am Quiet Around In This House Everyone Expect Me To Be This Little Fifteen Virgin Boy, When In Reality I Lost My Virginity To Marcella Sister, Brittney. I Can Say It Was Alright But Not All That To Brag About And We Was " Talking " Until She Moved Back With Her Mom In Ohio So I Had To Deal With The Attachment Of My First Leaving Before My Eyes. I Put On This " Proper, Good Boy " Look To Everyone But I Really Smooth With The Ladies And Laid Back With The Fellas. For My Mom, She Always Supported Me Through Whatever It's Just That Damn Christina, Who Always Have Something Negative To Say About Me, Sometimes I Know When She Is Serious Then Other Times She Isn't. I Just Want Her To Respect Me Like I Would Do To Her.
~ K.J My Son Keeper ~

As I looked through his journal some more, his signature always was at the end and I was wondering who this " K.J " was because I know CJ ain't have no baby.