Chapter 22

Mariah P.O.V.
When I got off the phone with the police officer, I decided to bring the kids because I didn't want them in the house by themselves. When I finally reached the hospital, I gave Christina my phone and told her to call Mama Joyce.
" Grandma.. Hey, This Is Chrissy."
" My Mom Wanted You To Know That Dad Is In The Hospital."
" I Don't Know, She Wouldn't Tell Me."
" Okay, Alright Bye." Then she handed me my phone back.
" What She Say?" I asked.
" She Said She Is On The Way." I nod my head and started thinking.
" Mama?"
" Yes?"
" What Happened To Dad?"
" Come Here." I pulled her to the side while I watched CJ watch the twins.
" Look, The Police Officer Called And Said That Your Dad Has Been In A Horrible Car Crash." Christina whole face expression changed when I told her it's like the only words she heard was car and crash then she started crying.
" No Ma, This Can't Be Happening." I pulled her to a hug.
" Babygirl, We Have To Be Strong For Him, Okay?" She nod her head.
" Look At Me.." She started to look me in my eyes.
" Don't Tell CJ, I Don't Want This To Hurt Him As Much As It's Hurting Us." She nod her head.
" But Ma?"
" Yes?"
" Nevermind." Then she walked back in the waiting area, when we came back Mama Joyce was just walking into the hospital.
" Hey Mimi, Why Is Chris In The Hospital?"
" He Um.. Gotten Into A Car Crash." I whispered low enough so CJ won't hear then Mama Joyce face expression changed and she started crying. While we was waiting, a doctor finally came and approached us.
" Family Of Christopher Maurice Brown?" I stood up from my seat.
" Yes Doctor?"
" You Must Be His Wife?"
" Yes." I said while nodding my head.
" Can I Speak With You.. Alone?" I walked over in a secluded area with the doctor.
" Okay, Can You Please Tell Me What Happened To My Husband?"
" Well.. He Was In A Car Accident."
" I Know That, How Is His Health Looking?"
" Well.. It's Looking Iffy."
" What You Mean It's Looking Iffy?"
" Okay, He Is Alive But Not Here."
" So, He Is Brain Dead?"
" Mainly, But He Is Also In A Coma If He Wake Up, Which Is 5% Likely, He Will Not Remember Anything And Will Be Paralyzed. And If He Don't Wake Up, We All Know What Happens." I started to feel a knot in my stomach.
" Are You Okay, Mrs.Brown?"
" I A.. Just Need Some To Over Think All Of This." The doctor nod his head and started to walk away but turned around.
" If You Need Anything Or Want To See Your Husband Tell The Nurse At The Desk My Name And I Will Be On My Way To Help You Out." Then he walked away. I went in the ladies restroom and clean my face up because I didn't want Christina or Mama Joyce worrying about this as much as I were. When I got done cleaning my face, I walked back into the waiting room.
" Ma, Nicki Called You." She handed me my phone, I went and called Nicki back.
Phone Conversation
Me: Hello?
Nicki: Hey Mimi, What's Wrong? Why Are You Guys At The Hospital?
Me: Chris.. Is In The Hospital?
Nicki: Omg, For What?
Me: He Got Into A Bad Car Accident And How Things Are Looking, Everything Is Going Bad.
Nicki: I Wish It Was Something I Could Do.
Me: Trust Me If It Was Anything I Could Do, I Would Have Been Done It By Now.
Nicki: I Know, But I Am Going To Talk To You Later And Surely Have Chris In My Prayers.
Me: Thank You Nicki.
-------------------------------------------------------------
As I looked up from my phone, I seen Cierra and Trey walk into the hospital.
" What Are You Guys Doing Here?"
" Chrissy Called Us Telling Me Chris Is In The Hospital." Cierra said while her eyes were blood shot red.
" Yeah, I Just Pray My Husband Pull Through. Do You Guys Want To See Him?" They shook their head yes so I went up to the desk and asked for my doctor then he came.
" Yes, Mrs.Brown?"
" Chris Sister And Fellow Friend Would Like To See Him."
" That's Fine But Would You Like To See Him?" I was debating if I want to but I decided that I do want to see him.
" Okay, Does Christopher Have Any Kids.. That You Would Want To Bring In The Back?"
" Well, We Have Four Kids In All, The Smallest Ones Is Our Twins, Who Are One Years Old." He nod his head.
" Well, They Can Come." I decided to bring CJ, Christina and Mama Joyce with me to the back and let Cierra and Trey watch the twins. Even though, they are young I still doesn't want this part of their childhood.. watching their father lying down in a hospital bed fighting for his life. I walked into the hospital room and saw Chris laying there looking.. lifeless. Christina started crying and CJ was confused about everything.
" What Happened To Him?" He asked while looking confused at Chris.
" Well.." Christina cut me off.
" Are You Really Going To Tell Him?"
" Yes, He Is Fourteen Going On Fifteen. I Am Sorry But I Can't Keep Hiding This From Him, What If He Die?"
" What; He Dying?" He asked.
" Look CJ, Your Dad Have Been In A Horrible Car Accident And It's Five Percent More Likely That He Will Wake Up."
" But, What If He Wake Up?" He asked while turned his attention to Chris.
" He Will Have Memory Loss And Not Remember Us. And Also Will Be Paralyzed."
" So Regardless If He Wake Up Or Not.. He Will Live Miserbly." CJ said while starting to cry.
" Baby, Come Here." I pulled him and Christina into a hug and started crying with them.
" May I Join?" Mama Joyce asked with tears coming down her face.
" Of Course." I reached my arm out for her and we stood in there hugging and crying together. Cierra and Trey came into the room with the twins.
" Hey Mimi, I Know You Said.." I cut her off.
" No, It's Okay. I Will Just Get Them Out Your Hair."
" You Are Good." I said while looking at Christine in Cierra arm and Christian in Trey arm. I nod my head and walked over to Chris, I instantly started to cry all over again my tears seem like it would never stop.

" Christopher, Please Baby Wake Up For Me.. And Our Family. I Know We Have Had Our Rough Patches In Our Marriage, But What Marriage Doesn't? It's Like I Can Remember The First Day We Met Or When I First Started To Catch Feelings For You. I Mean I Didn't Know We Would Be Far Into Each Other Lives.. Such As Having Kids, Being Married.. Happily, And Successful That's Something A Everyday Woman Or Man Would Like To Have And Guess What Baby? We Have That. I Understand If A God.. Himself or Herself Called You Upstairs To Be With Them. At Least Hold Me And The Kids Some Room." I pecked his forehead and just stared at him thinking of all the memories we had been through. I started to notice that it was getting pretty late and the twins were already looking sleepy, trying to fight it. Mama Joyce asked if she can come home with me and the kids and I said it was fine since it's nothing but me and the kids. I got all the kids together and headed home, when we got home everybody went inside their rooms.. just silence filling the house, which is weird because Chris will not be coming home probably for awhile now.

In the morning..
I woke up and felt exhausted since I cried myself to sleep. When I went downstairs, I fixed me some coffee then went and put the twins in their playing pin. Fifteen minutes later, Christina and CJ came downstairs looking.. under the weather.
" What's Wrong?"
" Really Mom? Dad Is In The Hospital And You Are Going To Ask Us What's Wrong?" Christina said before I could curse her smart mouth ass out, Mama Joyce beat me to it.
" Girl.. Your Mama Just Asked You And Your Brother A Simple Question. I Mean You Better Be Happy She Was A Concerned Mother And Asking, But If She Didn't Ask You And Went Upon Her Day, She Would Be A Bad Mother. Now Would She? Yes, Your Dad, Who Is My Son Is Laying Down In A Hospital Bed Fighting For His Life. But You Don't See Me Disrespecting Your Mother Now Go Over There And Apologize Because You Might Think You Are Taking Ut Hard But Think About Your Mother Who Have Been With Your Father For Fourteen Years And Known Each Other For Longer, You Better Recognize That The World Does Not.. And I Repeat Does Not Revolve Around Christina Marie Brown." I nod my head at Mama Joyce because she was speaking nothing but the truth.
" Sorry Mom."
" It's Okay, Next Time You Get Popped In The Mouth Without Any Hesitation. You And CJ Need To Be Heading Out For The Bus Stop." They walked out the house an closed the door.
" Thank You Mama Joyce."
" Honey You Are Welcome. It's Nothing Like Losing Your Husband, I Mean Not Jinxing Chris Life.."
" Yeah I Understand."
" Mariah, I Can Say You Are The Bravest And Most Beautiful Woman Chris Has Ever Had And Will Ever Get."
" I Mean He Found It Because He Already Have One In The First Place." I smiled at her and she smiled at me.
" You Know What, Mariah. I Will Always Love You Like The Daughter I Never Had And Wish That Chris Gets Through This Because He Needs To See What He Really Have In His Life."
" I Think He Already Do But Thank You So Much. What Are You Planning To Do Today?"
" Visit Chris. What About You?"
" First, I Am Going To Work Then When I Get Off Visit Chris As Well. But Let Me Go Before I Be Late." I hugged her goodbye and walked out the house.

Chris .. Elsewhere P.O.V.
" Where Am I?" I asked while looking around.
" Hey Son."
" Dad?"
" Yeah, It's Me Your Old Man."
" It Been Awhile.. Fourteen Years, I Remember."
" Even Though, I Am Dead Still Can't Believe I Passed Away On My Son Wedding Day."
" Pops, It's Okay."
" How Old Is Chrissy Now?"
" She Is Sixteen Now Turning Seventeen Soon."
" I Have Anymore Grandbabies To Know About?"
" Well.. Yes, Three More To Be Exact And In This Order; Christopher Maurice Brown, Jr. Aka Jr. Or CJ, Christine Then Christian.. The Last Two Are Twins."
" Chris.. You And Mariah Been Having Party, Haven't Yall?"
" I Guess You Can Say." I said with a smirk.
" You Ready To Be Up Here With Your Pops?"
" As Bad As I Don't Want To Leave My Beautiful And Wonderful Family. Sometimes.. Yes, But I Don't Know."
" Think About This Son, Do You Want Another Man With Mariah?"
" No." I said then my dad didn't say anything.
" Dad?"
" Dad?" No response so I went and explored this place a little bit more.