Two.

As soon as the bell for lunch rings, I rush out of my classroom and to the cafeteria. I patiently wait in line to grab some food while scanning the room for Liam and Louis. They're sitting at our usual table along with Eleanor. I grin broadly and quickly pay for my food.

"Thank you, have a nice day!" I smile at the lunch lady.

She says the same to me as I walk on over to the table. Setting my stuff down, I run over to Liam and hug him tightly.

"Thank you Liam! Thank you so much!" I say.

He looks at me with a baffled expression but hugs me back. "Sure buddy, anything for you. But...what exactly are you thanking me for?" He questions.

I go back to my seat and giggle. "For blessing me with the opportunity to talk to Niall Horan!" I say.

Louis looks at me with wide eyes while Eleanor raises her brows. Liam still has a confused expression on his face but I don't think much of it.

"You talked to Niall?! When? How?" Louis inquires.

"On my way to class. Some of the soccer team was about to hurt me but Niall came to the rescue! He then told me that he's friends with you," I look at Liam. "And that you told him to check up on me. He also called me cute, adorable, and that he likes my flower crown!" I squeal.

Louis' mouth is agape while Eleanor is clapping in her seat. Liam is chuckling and I see him biting his lip.

"So that's what you told Niall when we were walking to class!" Louis slaps his boyfriend's arm.

"Yeah. Wait, why is all of this a big deal?" Liam wonders.

"Because Harry is in love with Niall." Eleanor states.

I scoff. "I'm not 'in love' with Niall. I merely have a crush on him." I say.

"You have a crush on Niall?" Liam asks with a shocked expression.

Louis and Eleanor both sigh.

"He's liked him since last year you idiot!" Louis replies.

I blush and take a bite of my food. Liam forms an 'o' shape with his mouth and looks at me. He rubs my shoulder and smiles.

"I can hook you up with him bud." He winks.

I turn red and shake my head. "What? No! He wouldn't go for someone like me. I'm a sophomore and he's a senior!"
I tell him.

"So? You said he called you cute." Eleanor says.

"And adorable." Louis adds.

"And that he likes your flower crown," Eleanor smiles. "So it's obvious that Niall is interested in you. Maybe not romantically yet but you can change that."

They both nod their heads while I rest my chin on my hand. I play around with my food until I feel Liam place his hand on my shoulder again.

"I'm sure something will happen okay bud? Niall would be lucky to have a boy like you." He grins.

I smile and continue eating my food. Although I appreciate the kind words my friends have given me I still don't believe them. Niall wouldn't go for someone like me. Sure he called me cute and adorable but he could've meant that in a friendly manner.

Besides, why would the soccer captain who can get anyone he wants settle on a sophomore like myself?

***

School is slow for the most part, but when the bell to leave rings that when everyone tries to run out as quickly as possible. I head on over to my locker and put away the books I don't need for homework. I see Louis walking up to me along with Eleanor.