Chapter 27

Those who hurt you the most tend to be the ones you least expect ...

"so what's your name, stranger? " I asked as we were sat in his Audi whatever it is... and i don't know where this confidence came from but i was going use it and use it all up I did.

"Mason. Mason. O'Connor" he answered with a smile edged on his face.

I opened my mouth to say something but was cut off by his voice.
"I already know who you are, Brooklyn, the girl who was kidnapped by her oh so beloved ex-boyfriend, I think everyone knows your story" he finished with a straight face.

"oh" I said my face falling, all I ever wanted was to have find someone, a friend someone that I can talk to someone that doesn't know the freak who is, Brooklyn. Anne. Branson but alas everyone does...

"Hey, don't be upset Brook, you're brave to go through what you did, and still go to school to face even more tremor, you like a freaking hero, no no, let's think realistic, you're my role model Brooklyn and i don't think I'd have it any other way" he smiled at me for a split second before looking back at the road, his body seemed tense and he seemed irritated, I don't know what I did wrong but I kept quiet hoping that he'll forgive me for whatever reason.

we sat in an awkward silence until I had to open my big ass mouth... yet again...

"so where are we going anyway?" I asked and I couldn't help it, if I'm irritating than he should tell me.

"It's a suprise" he smirked.

"Oh come on!" I groaned "I hate those" I fake cried.

"and you'll just have to sit through the torture" his smirk growing wider.

i let out an unlady like groan and hit my head (not hard enough to get hurt but load enough to hear a thud) against the headrest and looked out the window I heard a chuckle to left and just gave Mason a dead panned look and he immediately covered his laugh up.

"Oh come on Brooky pooky-" he was about to finish his sentence before I cut him off.

"What the hell is 'brooky pooky"?" I yelled in question of the wired nickname .

"Why? You don't like it " he said smugly, and then I knew he had done it on purpose and will continue with the name calling until... Well y'know I rip him to shreds.

"You know what ? I wouldn't call me that if I were you." I said smugly.

"And why shouldn't I?" He asked with that stupid smirk still on his face.

"Well for starters I could do something to you that could ruin your life and generations after" I said bluntly, shrugging my shoulders trying to hide my smirk at the shock of his face.

"Y-yeah and what are you going to do",he said trying to act brave but I could see the fear lacing his voice.

"Well for starters you won't have a generation after you, your families legacy stops by you" I said acting yet again blunt with him.

"What?!" He screeched swerving the car a little off the road making a passing car hoot at us.

"Dude", I said frightened by his sudden outburst "it was just a joke" I said, my eyes as wide as saucers .

"Well don't scare me like that next time" he said giving an awkward laugh and then it all happened the one thing I didn't ever want to happen and then it did...

The awkward silence fell between us and I was about to explode.

He switched on the radio making bad blood play and that when I was trying to keep everything together.

We arrived not soon after making me very happy.

I looked around, it was beautiful the sceneery it showed the whole town and how the sunset slowly making different colors show, it was breath taking ..

"This is my special place, where I come to think, where I feel free like a bird flying through the sky no worries , no one to interfere just me" he whispered standing right next to me , he smiled down to me and held my hand dragging me to the cliff and sat us down, our feet dangling off the edge where we sat in silence... A comfortable silence ...

"Do you know that I love to come here mostly when ever I have free time, with my guitar and I'll sing some songs and just write a few lyrics, its like here is where I can find peace where I can find myself and not that non social boy who is a loner in school, this is where the real me comes out...." He paused .
I don't know why he paused but that was beautiful and he made me feel complete, like he understands me for who I am not for who I'm labeled as and it made me happy.

"I know the feeling" I smiled closing my eyes, while letting the breaze flow across us.

"Do you want to do something fun?" Mason asked after a few moments of silence

I nodded eager to know what else would we be doing .

He grabbed my hand and led me to a huge pond with a waterfall flowing down it looked amazing.

"Come on " he yelled pulling his shirt and pants off and being only in his boxers and jumped in.

"Come on brook don't be such a party pooper" he yelled as he surfaced .

"I dont know" I said rubbing my arm and looking down.

"Don't be afraid Brooklyn, I'm here" he said
I smiled at him and pulled my shirt over my head being left in my shorts and jumped in, it was cold at first but the I got used to it.

We swam for a while and talked about our lives to each other and soon we were done swimming and got out.

We lied down on the grass while we waited for our bodies to dry.

"Thanks Brook, for today and all" he smiled down at me .

"No, thank you Mase, you are the only person that has ever done this for me " I smiled at him too.
He looked down at my lips and looked in my eyes.
I dont know what got into me but I leaned in .

We were inches apart and then our lips met...

I kissed Mason. O'Connor.