I Spun the Bottle: Chapter Twenty-Five

Song for this chapter: “Don’t Stop” by Foster the People

     As I crossed my arms, I puffed my cheeks out defiantly. “No.”

     “No what?” David’s eyes glinted dimly in the dark room.

     “No conditions,” I stated blatantly. He said he would help me.

     “Condition,” he corrected. “And do you want my help or not?”

     I could feel my facial expression grow darker. “But...you said…” I attempted one last argument. But I already knew that I lost the fight. “Ughh…fine!”

     Enjoying my frustration, David chuckled, to which I returned with the meanest glare I could muster up. “Okay so you have to do the condition first, and then I’ll help you get the picture okay?”

     “What? No, I want to get the picture first, and then I’ll do your condition.” I argued, determinedly.  I was most definitely going to at least win this quarrel.

     “No, you have to do my condition first because I need it right now.”

     From the way his said those words, my hands started to feel clammy and my heart skipped a beat. I gulped, starting to finally actually think about all the possible conditions David could think of. Fighting the growing urge to just turn down the entire deal, I said in a quivering voice, “What d-do you want?”

     Smirking lazily, David took a step closer towards me, and instinctively I took a step back. My heart pounded uncontrollably, so much so that I could feel the hammering pulses in my ears and temples. Seeing that I was becoming a nervous wreck, David chuckled. “What’s wrong Lyn?”

     “N-nothing,” I lied. Terribly.

     “You sure?”

     No.

     “Yes,” I managed to say through my dry mouth. “S-stop playing with me and t…tell me what you want.”

    “Hmm...” His sultry voice made the hair on the nape of my neck stand. He continued to step towards me, and I was having a really difficult time thinking clearly. “Have I ever told you that your lips look so…attractive?”

     My eyes skimmed passed his lips—my mistake. In the dim room, they were barely visible, but still visible nonetheless. They looked inviting. And soft. And for the briefest moment I wondered how our lips would feel pressed against each other.

     After what seemed like forever, I pulled myself out of the daze. I continued to step away from him, but suddenly a cool surface pressed against my back. It was one of the supply cabinets. Realization passed when I noticed I was trapped.