I Spun the Bottle: Chapter Twenty-Six- Part One

Dedication to @AshleeMay for the amazing new cover! <3

Recap from chapter twenty-five: David promises to help Lyn in order to retrieve her stolen image from Taylor, but he has one condition. Now, after meeting up with David after school, she has no clue where they're going or what reason David has for his actions.

—-

I Spun the Bottle: Chapter Twenty-Six Pt. One

Song for this chapter: "Best I Ever Had" by Gavin Degraw

To it bluntly, the car was dreadfully quiet. All that filled my ears was the sound of cool air blowing through the small AC vents. For the last three minutes or so, I seemed to be able to keep myself occupied by twiddling my thumbs and counting all the trees we were zooming past.

     David and I hadn't spoken since we entered the car. Occasionally, I could feel his gaze overlook my features, and I tried earnestly to pretend I didn't notice. I was still hurt because of his actions earlier in the day, so I was fixated on giving him the silent treatment.

     Childish? Definitely. Did I care? Not really.

     I was doing this one condition to get that one picture from Taylor. That being said, I was still very curious as to where we were going and why David insisted on making me go with him. For some reason, being in the car with David today made me feel uneasy...well more uneasy than normal. Suddenly, dark, ominous thoughts clouded my mind.

     What if he's going to kill me? Maybe he's taking me to a far away town where no one will ever be able to find me. Then he'll murder me and chop me up into itty bitty pieces! And then he'll....he'll freeze dry my tiny pieces and add them as garnishes to his meals!

     The demented thoughts continued, and I could feel my heart rate accelerating from the overwhelming sense of panic. And then the sound of David clearing his throat yanked me out from the bleak thoughts.

     "You alright?" David asked, causing me to look away from the window, up to him. I realized he was sending me a rather strange look.

     I could feel my body stiffen, slightly from humility but mainly from paranoia. "Uhm, yeah," I paused to clear my throat, since I sounded odd. "I'm fine. Why?"

     He shrugged, turning his eyes back onto the road. "You just seemed like you were in another world for a minute. You stiffened and turned really pale."

     "Oh," I managed to say. It was then that I realized I was being delusional. Although David was a jerk and...a tease, I knew that he wasn't a heartless murderer. "Sorry, I was— uh...just thinking about this project that I have to do...I uh...stress a lot when I have to do projects. Because I feel like I'm rushed when I-I do projects. And I think I might be slightly OCD about having everything turn out...well. Y-you know?"

     I closed my eyes after my rant and prayed for my mouth to stop moving. My horrid lying skills were seriously at an all time low. I didn't want David to know that I was just thinking that he's some psychopathic killer.