Lorenzo- Chapter 12: Questioning Forgiveness

*Lorenzo's P.O.V.*

I looked at Maria, who seemed to be shaking a little. I was startled at the sight we both witnessed and took place in. It basically was a test to see who I truly loved. I mean I didn't plan on killing Carla, but I had the gun in my hands, and I could have killed Maria. But I couldn't kill Maria. I loved her, more than anyone and anything in this cruel world.

Maria looked uncomfortable and disturbed as she sank to the floor next to Carla. Her glass tears rolled down her paled face. I walked up to her and sat by her. I then put my arm around her to comfort her. I looked at Carla one last time. Carla had a beautiful body, but all the drugs she did to keep it like that was very unhealthy. I didn't even bother to cry. After all, Carla was a heartless, and slutty bitch. She would always flirt with other men and get on my nerves.

 "What are we going to do about this?!" She asked with a horrified look on her face. She obviously never killed somebody, unlike the boys and I have. When we kill people, it's to protect other's safety. Or unless they piss us off, or act like dumb asses that's when we show them not to fuck around with us. One day, the boys and I are eventually going to have to tell Maria about our "family business" a.k.a.  mafia.

"Well we're definitely not telling Vinnie about this." I said striking my hand through my hair. If this gets out to Vinnie, he'll kill me. He had an extremely close bond with Carla. If they weren't brother and sister, they would probably married. Maria then looked at me with a spiteful glare.

"What?" I asked as I got up from the carpet, then helping Maria.

"Did you even care about Carla? And tell me the truth goddammit!" She yelled with rage.

I let out a deep sigh before speaking. "Yes, I cared about Carla, a lot. That was until you came along. You're like a goddess, but I knew for a fact I couldn't have you." I confided.

"Oh." Maria said, leaving us bound with an awkward silence. She played around with her tiny fingers as I tried to think of something to say. I opened my mouth to say something, but Maria cut me off.

"We're going to tell Vinnie." She firmly stated.

My fists tightened as I forcefully pushed her against the wall. Maria looked terrified. I held her hands to the wall, gripping them tightly. 

"We are not going to say a god damn word to Vinnie!" I yelled. The words came out of my mouth brutally and my blood was boiling.

"We are telling Vinnie!" Maria spat. I couldn't hold in my anger. She crossed the line. She went beyond the line. Without control, I smacked Maria across the face. She looked down, and then looked at me with affliction in her eyes. Silver tears strung out of her beautiful eyes. I never meant to hurt her, but I couldn't control myself. Before I knew it, the remorse was hitting me and tears were slowly pacing down my face.

She gave me one last look before she loosened out of my grip and bolted out of the room like a race horse. I quickly ran after her, but the door shut in my face. I immediately opened it and saw Maria heading for her car. I yelled "Come back Maria!".

I finally caught up to her and grabbed her skinny waist and hugged her. "Maria, please, I never meant to hurt you!" I sincerely stated.

Maria yet again ignored me. She finally got into her Volkswagen and drove off. It was no use trying to catch up to her. Maria needs space, especially after what just happened. I felt deep regret building up inside me.

Then my iPhone 5 rang. The number was "unknown". I cleared my throat before answering. 

"Hello?"

"Lorenzo, we got Grace hostage. If you want her back, you will have to fight us. No mercy to you or your beautiful cousin. We might do some dirty things to this gorgeous woman." a familiar voice said. It sounded like Alan.