Lorenzo- Chapter 7: Ambushed and Betrayed

As I walked outside, I noticed something unusual. I saw my Volkswagen! I ran up to it and hugged it.

"Oh baby, I missed you so much!". Then I heard a tap on the house window. It was Lorenzo and Vinnie. They laughed at me. Embarrassed, I quickly got inside.

The whole interior of the car was different. The seats were leather instead of fleece. The inside smelt like lavender instead of mountain dew. There was a note on the window.

Hey beautiful,

The boys and I thought it would be a good idea to fix up your car. We got it towed all the way from Alabama. We thought it would be a nice surprise I love you, Maria.

Love Vinnie

I couldn't help but smile. Five-hundred dollars and my car fixed, Vinnie is such a wonderful guy! I cant believe I also like Lorenzo. Lorenzo has done nothing like Vinnie.

I secured the five hundred dollars in my Coach purse. Then I fastened my seat belt and headed off to the mall. I turned the radio of my car on and listened to some country music. Hunter Hayes Somebody's Heartbreak was on.

All I could think about was why Vinnie wanted me out of the house so suddenly. I know it's for a family business, but he doesn't work for a gang, does he?

After a brief twenty minutes, I finally reached the mall. The parking lot was pack with cars. The only spot I noticed was in the very back. I then parked into the spot, got out of my Volkswagen, then locked it. It took five minutes to walk to the mall from my car.

I walked into one of my all-time favorite stores, PINK by Victoria's Secret. I bought a gray furry hoodie with the words "Love Pink" on it. I also got a pink and black polka dotted pair of yoga pants. I walked out of PINK with three hundred and fifty dollars.

Then I went to Coach. From there, I bought a new purse. Lastly I went to Nordstrom and bought myself a beautiful orange scallop lace dress.

By the time I got done shopping, I had only two dollars left total. I threw the many bags of clothes and such into the trunk of my bug. I hopped into my car and drove back to the address Vinnie gave me.

I arrived and knocked on the door. No answer. I knocked again. No answer. I then turned the knob and walked in.

On the floor lie Vinnie and Lorenzo.

I gasped. I felt shivers run down my spine and trickle my back. They were both knocked out and unconscious. Both of them were beat up and bruised in the face. Who could have done this?

I fell to my knees gently shaking Vinnie and Lorenzo. Vinnie started to slowly rise from the floor. He coughed hoarsely and spit out blood. He put his bruised arm to his head and groaned in pain. I hugged him tightly.

"Vinnie, what happened to you?" I asked breaking loose from the hug.

"Alan, that asshole brought his crew into the house and fucked up everything. Except your room. I wouldn't let them touch your room. They're sure to be back. That backstabbing bastard!" Vinnie yelled enraged.

"I can't believe this. Alan seemed so nice. Where is Giovanni?" I asked getting a bit worried.

"Giovanni got shot in the neck. By the time we called the ambulance and told them our address and all, Alan and his crew beat us up." Vinnie said, wiping tears from his ocean-like eyes.

I gasped. "Oh my gosh will he be alright?" I asked, tears starting to form in my eyes. I didn't really know Giovanni that well, but he was really sweet.

Vinnie wiped my tears away and caressed my face with his warm hands.

"It'll be alright. Te ambulance is sure to come within a few minutes. I'm happy you left when you did. A lot of bullshit went on." Vinnie said pulling me close to him.

"Vinnie, please be more careful." I pleaded him.

"I will baby, anything for you." Vinnie said bringing his face to mine then brushing his sweet soft lips against mine.

I pulled away after hearing a sharp knock on the door.

"Maria, you must answer the door. That has to be the ambulance!" Vinnie yelled, desperate for help.

I quickly got up and dusted my self off. I walked to the door and pulled it open.

"Hello, my dear. Not who I was expecting but you will do." Alan said wickedly.

"Who were you expecting Alan?" I asked irritated.

"Your little friends lying on the ground there. Such a shame. Only because they refused to join my gang." Alan said with his pernicious smile.

"Gang?" I asked astonished.

"Didn't your little sweetheart tell you? Oh well, I'll just tell you anyway." Alan laughed devilishly.

"Don't you dare you fucking bastard!" Vinnie yelled, gun in hand.

"What are you going to do, little boy?" Alan mischievously laughed.

"I'm going to blow your fucking brains out!" Vinnie said aiming at Alan.

Vinnie's hands started to shake. He fell to his knees. "Alan, I can't do this. You were always a brother to me. I don't know what the hell we got our selves into, but we need to cut the bullshit."

Alan's smile widened "I always knew you were such a good-hearted man. Always perfectly skilled with a gun. Always got the ladies. Always had the looks. Your were my parent's favorite. My parents never fucking loved me. Now your going to pay." Alan said with envy. Alan then took his aim and shot Vinnie in the shoulder.

Vinnie groaned in pain. His shoulder losing huge amounts of blood. The ambulance then arrived. Alan saw them and got frightened.

"Doll, your coming with me!" Alan yelled picking me up and throwing me over his shoulders Alan was incredibly strong. I screamed trying to get out of his grip. He then threw me on the ground and knocked me in the face with his gun.

"Shut the fuck up you dumb bitch!" Alan yelled. I felt tears rolling down my eyes as he picked me up and threw me into the driver's seat of his car.

He cocked the gun and put it to the side of my head.

"Drive, right now before I blow your fucking brains out!" Alan yelled.

Tears stung my cheeks. "Okay where do I have to drive?" I asked defeated.

Alan checked me out and smiled at me. "Pull over to this hotel."

I nodded. I have no idea what his plan is but I was frightened.

I reached the hotel with my head still in one piece.

Alan put away his gun to prevent anyone from catching him. He then snuck a hand around my waist.

"Hello, we would like a room for two please." Alan said in a very calm voice.

The bellhop looked at us and checked her computer for open rooms. "Ah it looks like Room 232 is open. Enjoy your stay." She said handing us our room keys.

Enjoy your stay? I think not.

----------

Thanks for reading my newest chapter of Lorenzo!! It's always great to see people reading it. I work really hard on this and I thank you all for reading my stories! Don't forget to vote fan and/or comment! Have a wonderful day!:D