Chapter 18

(Trey)

The rest of the school year was enjoyable and happy.

And it was all because of Ashanti.

She was always there for me, including her mother and her friends.

Taynesha was like a second mother to me. She was the one I went to for motherly advice when mine was busy working.

Mimi and Akita were...well Mimi and Akita. Weird...loud...crazy...but they always kept it real. And were always supporting me. Well when they weren't against me.

"Babe you okay?" I heard Ashanti mumble. She was lying on my chest, with my arm covering her.

"Yeah. Everything is just fine." I said smiling. I kissed her forehead and we continued to watch TV.

We soon fell asleep on the couch.

~*~*~*~*~

"Wake up Trey! You gotta go home."

I groaned and mumbled some words to myself. I opened my eyes a bit, squinting at Ashanti in front of me.

I sighed and closed my eyes again.

"Trey you gotta go home." This time she smacked my arm.

I mentally rolled my eyes and opened my eyee fully.

"What?"

"It's gonna be 10. You gotta go home." She said grabbing my bookbag.

"Awe come on. I can't spend the night?" I said pouting my lips.

She chuckled, but nodded her head no.

"You know my mother don't play that. Now c'mon let's go." She walked me to the door, while I grabbed my bookbag and fixed myself up a bit.

"Bye baby." I said to her. She blushed as always and gave me a hug.

"Bye." She mumbled back.

I let go, and went to my car. I waved bye to her and got inside the car. I started it up, put on my seatbelt and was on my way home.

I got there in about 15 minutes. I parked in the driveway and saw the lights were on. Which meant my mom was finally home from work.

My mom was a busy person. She worked two jobs to keep clothes on our back, shoes on our feet, a roof over our heads and food in our stomachs. People assume that I'm just "rich" cause I seem to have the flyest style, and the best house in the neighborhood but it's only because of the hard work my mother has been doing.

I got out my car and locked it. I took out my house keys and unlocked the door.

"Ma?!" I screamed out, closing the door behind me.

"In the kitchen!" She screamed back.

I could already smell the food she was cooking from the living room.

I dropped my bookbag on the couch and went straight to the kitchen.

On the stove was yellow rice with chicken wings and pork chop.

"Gosh this smells good ma." I said kissing her cheek.

"Just tryna keep my baby happy...Where you been all day?" She asked.

"Well after school I went to Ashanti's house. Weren't you working all day?" I asked, while pouring myself a glass of water.

"Well they let me out at three. Came home and took a nap. I woke up around 9:50 and been cooking since then."

She turned off the stove and took out the chicken from the oven. Man did it look good!

She served herself and I a plate.

We went to the living room and decided to watch some late night cartoons.

"So when am I gonna meet this Ashanti?" Mom asked me.

I took a spoonful of rice before answering.

"When you're not tired." I said back.

"Oh boy you know I could meet her anyday. Is she nervous to meet me?" She asked.

"I mean she always asked me when she'll meet you but you can tell she was anxious but nervous." I told her.

"Well how about tomorrow?"

I gulped down some water and nodded my head. I pulled out my phone and dialed Ashanti's number. She answered on the second ring.

"Wassup babe?" Ashanti asked. Just hearing her voice made me smile. My mother gave me a smirk but I ignored it.

"Well remember how you wanted to meet my mom? Well can you come over tomorrow?" I asked.

I heard her get nervous in just seconds.

"Yeah of course. What time?" She asked.

"One would be fine." My mother answered for me.

I laughed when Ashanti gasped.

"Oh my god she heard me say babe? Hi Ms. Neverson!" She said cheerfully.

I shook my head and told her I see her tomorrow. After I hanged up my mom just stood looking at me.

"What ma?!" I said.

"My baby in loveee...Ooo I'm gonna get them baby pictures." She said getting up and walking up the stairs.

"Mom!!" I screamed at her.

She started to laugh and all I could is laugh with her. I got up and followed after her.

Man I love my mom.

Trey's mom in the MM ❤✊ She look so pretty.
Vote. Comment. Follow.