Chapter 14

(Ashanti)

2 Months Later...

I woke up the this morning feeling refreshed. It was six in the morning, yet it felt like the afternoon. Today was a special day.

Why you ask? Well to be honest I don't know. All I know was that Trey told me to dress nice for today.

Since it was a school day, I also needed to dress comfortably.

I looked through my closet, finally settling on an outfit. I decided to wear a shirt that said a quote from a Fallout Boy song, even though I knew nothing about them, a pair of ripped jeans, and my white Adidas. I put on a black bracelet and my heart ring.

Before I wouldn't think this would actually be my style, but Mimi said that it'll look perfect on me. And I guess she was right.

When I finished getting ready, it was already 7:15. I quickly grabbed my bag and two breakfast bars from the kitchen cabinet. Akita was gonna pick me up today.

"Bye Mom!" I screamed before leaving.

"Bye Ashanti!" She responded.

I locked the door behind me, juggling my bookbag and breakfast bars in my hand.

"Hey Ashanti!" Akita screamed at me. I finally put the bars in my bag, and got into the passenger seat of her car.

"What you all nice for?" She said smirking.

"I told you Akita. Trey wanted me to dress nice today." I said.

The mention of Trey name made her face and attitude quickly change.

"Ashanti...you trust me right?"

"Yeah...wassup Akita?" I started to worry.

"Girl it's not what you think. I should've told you this sooner, but Trey isn't being all serious to you."

I started to laugh. "Akita what are you talking about? Of course he is. He..."

"Ashanti all the stuff he's doing for you is part of a bet." She quickly said.

She kept both eyes on the road, and gripped the steering wheel. When we finally got to the school, it's when she spoke.

"I wanted to tell you sooner...but I knew when he's around you wouldn't believe me." She said.

"Akita...why would you say that? Our relationship isn't based on a bet. It's one of the strongest relationships in the whole damn school! Maybe you should fix your little love triangle issue before you start mentoring other people on their relationships."

I knew I hit a nerve. And when the words escaped my mouth, I deeply regretted it.

"You're right...absolutely right." She said. I got out the car, and grabbed up my stuff. It was 7:45.

Akita stood in the car, just staring at the ceiling of her car. I sighed, and went to my locker. When I entered my combination, a letter fell out. I picked it up and read:

Meet me in front of the Art Room when the bell rings.

~ Trey

I smiled, and put the letter back in my locker. I grabbed the books I'll be needing for my morning classes, and headed off to Art.

Vote. Comment. Follow.
Was Ashanti right for not believing Akita? I'm just wondering y'all opinions.