Chapter 5

Nothing happened.

Thank the holy heavens nothing happened.

All we did was keep on watching the movie and eating ice-cream. He went to the store to get candy bars for the ice-cream. I put Snickers and Hershey Kisses on mine, and he put Crunch on his.

Once or twice, our hands brushed against each other, each time being his fault. I didn't think anything of it, even though my heart was begging for me to.

The movie was finally finished. I got up and stretched. I grabbed the paper plates and spoons, taking them downstairs into the garbage can. I went back upstairs and jumped onto the bed.

"So any other movies to watch?" I asked.
"No not really." He said shrugging his shoulders.

We stood in silence. I was kinda wishing he would at least try a move on me, but it was just a hang out day. Not like a date. Yesterday was also a hang out day. Not a date.

"Are your parents gonna be pissed if they find out I'm here?" He asked.

Oh shit.

"That is correct. But they shouldn't be here for awhile. They're at..."

Trey cut me off. "A car just came in the driveway."

I jumped off my bed, almost killing myself in the process. I looked out the window, and saw my mom and dad with my sister and brother coming out the car. I cursed at myself, and then heard the front door open.

"Ashanti, you're here?" I heard my sister scream.

"Fuck!" I whispered to myself. I closed my door and locked the door giving me some time to think.

"You need to leave...now." I told him.

I opened the window, thanking God for the second floor not to be so high up.

"Jump." I said.

"I'm not fucking jumping, are you kidding me?" He said.

My sister started to knock on my door. "Ashanti you in there?"

"Yeah!" I answered.

I nodded my head towards the window. He put his hands up, indicating he'll do it. He jumped out the window, landing perfectly.

He waved bye at me and winked. I rolled my eyes. I shut the window, and opened up the door.

"Wassup Liyah?" I asked my sister.

"Just wondering if you were alive....Hey is that ice-cream?"

I looked at my bed, mentally facepalming myself. I forgot to tell him to take the ice cream with him.

"Yeah, I was craving some. You want?"

She shook her head. She went to her room, and I shut my door. I thanked God for saving my behind this time.