Chapter 19

(Ashanti)

I'm meeting Trey's mom.

And I'm nervous as hell.

I don't know how Trey was so calm when he met my mother, cause she can look pretty intimidating. But he got through it.

Right now I feel as if I can't.

Trey never really spoke of his mother. Only that she was really busy and was always working. I could tell he was sad because of it. I mean I couldn't imagine not being able to at least see my mother in the morning before I left for school.

"Ashanti? You okay?" My mother asked knocking on my door.

"Yeah. Just nervous." I whispered.

She came in closing the door behind her. I was still standing in front of my closet, wondering what to wear. And basically what would be appropriate.

"Ashanti all of your clothes are just fine! Choose whatever."

"Yeah but...I don't know..."

"Baby. Everything is going to be fine. You're a very respectful young lady and she's gonna love you." She said squeezing my cheeks.

I smiled and gave her a hug.

"Alright mom. Thanks."

She hugged me back and left my room.

I took a huge breath, and finally chose my outfit.

~~~

"Ashanti!! Trey's here!!" My mother screamed from downstairs.

I grabbed my small clutch and put my phone inside. I fixed up my hair a bit, and ran downstairs.

"Bye Mom!" I said, rushing out. Before she even said bye back, I closed the door.

Trey was waiting inside the car. I knocked on the window. He looked at me and smiled. He then unlocked the door. I got in and he wouldn't stop staring.

"Is there something wrong? Too showy? Too professional? Mascara done wrong?" I swear I could've went on.

He started to laugh and put his finger to my lips.

"No baby you look just fine. Don't worry my mom is gonna love you. I think she does already." He started up the car and we were on the way to his house.

"How? She never talked to me?"

"Just from the little embarassing moment from yesterday she said you were sweet and adorable." He said.

I started to blush. His mother thinks I'm adorable. I think that's a good thing.

We got in front of his house in about 20 minutes but it felt like it took us forever. The nerves were again kicking in.

"Don't worry okay? She's gonna love you." He said squeezing my hand. I sighed and nodded.

He gave me a kiss and then we got out his car. He rang the doorbell.

"Coming!" I heard an older lady's voice from inside.

The door opened and the prettiest lady I've ever seen was there.

"Hello there! Please come in." She said smiling.

We went inside and Trey guided me to the living room. I smiled cause this is where I realized I liked Trey.

"I have lunch on the stove if you're hungry. You want something to drink?"

"Ye-"

"Yes she does. She was complaining the whole way about stopping by 7/11 for a slushie!" He said smiling.