Chapter 3

Let's just say I didn't win.

At first I was doing pretty good. I shot him like a good five times in a row. But he caught me by surprise every time after that.

We were at the McDonalds across the street, and he was still making fun of me. We were having a Quarter Pounder meal, and all I was doing was rolling my eyes.

"And then you screamed when I shot you in your back. Funniest shit ever." He said laughing loud as hell.

"Yes I know, I was there I think." I said sarcastically. I'm not gonna lie it was a fun night, but I can't let him see that. Can't show him my weak side. Can't show I'm easy to get. Cause I'm not. 

He smirked a bit. "I know you wanna laugh."

I shook my head, taking a French fry, which was then taken from my hand into Trey's mouth.

"Hey, what the hell man?" I said crossing my arms. 

"Until you admit..." he said in between bites of his burger, "...You want to laugh, then I'll stop taking your fries." 

I groaned knowing Trey was serious about this. 

"Okay, okay, damn. I did want to laugh. Now can you stop taking my fries?" I said, smiling a bit.

Maybe Trey wasn't all that bad. Did he have an attitude? Yeah, but I did too. So I guess I can tolerate him longer than I think I can. 

After we were done eating, we went back towards his car, this time him opening the door for me. I thanked him, and got in. I didn't put on my earphones hoping he would start some type of conversation. 

He started up the car, and we were on our waty back to my house. 

"So you're a junior right?" He asked. His hands were gripping the steering wheel tightly.

"Yeah I am. "

"Why did you say yes?" 

I looked at him, confused by his question. You ask someone out on a date, then question them when they accept it?

"Because I'm a nice person, and decide to give people chances. Why are you asking that?"

"I wasn't expecting you to say yes. I was really expecting you to curse me out or something."

I laughed out loud, and started to tap my foot. "Like I said, I gave you a chance."

He was now gripping the steering wheel more tightly than before. He almost seemed nervous. I was gonna ask, but I rather not. 

Before I knew it, we were in front of my house. I was going to get out the car, when Trey tapped my shoulder. I turned my head at him.

"I had fun tonight." He said, blushing a bit. 

"Me too." I said smiling. 

I grabbed my bag, and got out the car. I walked to my front door, taking out my keys. I turned around to see Trey was still there. I guess he wasn't leaving until I got in my house. 

I waved at him, and he waved back.

I opened my front door, making sure not to slam it. The hallway lights upstairs were off meant my mom was sleeping. I sat down on the sofa, replaying the night in my head. 

Unfortunately, it was a night I liked. And even more unfortunate...I can't wait for another date with this boy.