Chapter 16

(Ashanti)

2 weeks later...

It's been two weeks ever since Trey told me that his feelings for me were fake.

And let me tell you. This boy won't leave me alone.

The day afterwards he came to my house, trying to apologize for what he did, and that he actually liked me. I told Liyah to tell him to leave and never come to my house. But that of course did not stop him from bothering me in school.

The other day he came up to me during lunch and had the nerve to actually sit next to me.

~*~*~*~

"Please Ashanti. Speak to me!" He begged me. Like the boy was on his knees.

But still that didn't change my attitude towards him.

"For what? Who knows if this is part of the bet? I don't have time for games. Mr. Player." I got up, grabbed my stuff, and went to my next class.

~*~*~*~

Do I believe him when he said he has feelings for me? And the whole thing wasn't a lie?

Of course I do.

But he this started as a bet. I was basically used for entertainment, and I'm not with it.

Now it's Thursday and almost time for my lunch period. And surprise surprise, I haven't seen Trey all day. He wasn't even in art. And to be honest, I was getting worried.

Just because I'm ignoring him don't mean I don't have feelings for him. They never went away.

"Psstt."

I look towards the door and there's Trey. I rolled my eyes and kept my eyes focused on the movie we were watching in English.

"I know you hear me Ashanti." He said.

People started to look at him and then back at me. I rolled my eyes once more, and then sighed.

I raised my hand to go to the bathroom. The teacher let me out and I walked as if I was going to the bathroom. I stopped at the vending machine.

"What do you want?" I asked him.

"I'm sorry. Why can't you forgive me?"

"You used me. What don't you understand?" I told him. I pulled out a dollar and put it in the vending machine. I mean I'm here. I might as well.

"You don't believe me huh? That I do like you."

"Obviously I believe you. I'm talking to you aren't I?" I chose a Snickers bar.

He smirked, catching on to the attitude I was getting.

"Wait till lunch. You'll see." He started to smile, and then left towards the lunch room.

I shook my head, finished my Snickers bar and went back to class.

~×~×~×~×~

Lunch

So it's ten minutes into the lunch period and not gonna lie I'm curious for what Trey is gonna do.

"Forgive the damn boy already. He's not only irritating to you ya know." Akita told me. She was eating her chicken nuggets.

"What he saying to you?" I asked picking at my salad.

"Tell Ashanti to call me. Tell Ashanti to text me. Like I can't even hang with Chris without he interfering. He's ruining my relationship with the boy."

"Akita you and I know very well y'all weren't gonna last. It was puppy love. You still are seeing August aren't you?" I asked.

She told me about the encounter they both had.

"Yeah. As friends though!" She said emphasizing the friends part.

"You guys can't let go of the feelings you guys have for each other. Chris and you...well it was just a quick thing. Well it's gonna be a quick thing."

She didn't say anything, but kept on picking at her Jello.

"Ashanti?" Someone poked my shoulder.

I turned around and it was Kayla, a girl from my Art Class.

"Hey Kayla, wassup?"

"Mr. Keith wants you." She said.

I looked at Akita, and Akita raised her eyebrows at me.

"Why would the principal want you missy?" She said.

"I don't know, that's why I'm going to see." I said matter-of-factly.

I got up and threw out my lunch. I started to go towards the principal's office. When I was almost by the office, Angela, another girl from my Art Class, told me that Akita got into it with some one at the other lunch table.

"I was just there!" I said. Why would Akita fight someone? Like she has no problems with anyone...unless she didn't tell me...

I sighed and went back to the lunchroom. When I opened the doors, the lunch tables were put to the side so there was a huge space in the middle of the lunchroom. Almost like a stage...

"Umm...Angela? Where's the fight?" I asked.

"I don't know...someone just told me! Come with me." She said. I couldn't tell whether she was lying because this girl is an actress.

We started walking towards where the lunch line starts.

"Angela what is going on?!" I said out of frustration.

People were still in the lunchroom going on their daily lunch routine. But I noticed Chris wasn't there. And Chris is almost always with Trey.

That's when everyone got quiet.

"Stand on top of this table please." Angela helped me get on top of the table, ignoring the questions I was asking.

"Alright if someone doesn't tell me..." I started to say.

That's when I heard music.

Wait. Music?

"Hey Ashanti. Hope you like this song that Trey wrote for you." That was Chris. But Chris wasn't in the room. So it was a speaker.

That's when Trey came in the lunchroom with a microphone.

"Hope you like this." He told me.

"We share something so common
Still so rare, and I'm in awe
Never been here before
So high, we're still climbing
Even here inside these walls
Breaking each others hearts
And we don't care cause we're so
In too deep, can't think about giving it up
But I never knew love would feel like a heart attack
It's killing me, swear I never cried so much
'Cause I never knew love would hurt this f***in' bad"

"Please Ashanti. I never realized just being away from you and talking to you can affect me in such a way. I can barely sleep without thinking about you. Ask Chris. I complain about not seeing you. Just take me back. Forgive me. I don't care if it takes me years to get you back, but I need your forgiveness."

I was in shock. Never have I ever heard Trey sing. Especially not like that.

He did this for me. All for me.

"I...I don't know!" I screamed. I jumped off the table and ran out the lunchroom going towards the lunch tables outside.

This boy is something I swear.

What do you think Ashanti should do?
Chris in MM ❤❤