Chapter 22

Mike's POV

"You sure you're ready?" Tony asked as we stood by my front door, hands connected as he rubbed the back of my hand with his thumb comfortingly.

"Yeah, totally. It needs to be done, there's no point delaying it" I said, trying to hide my nerves. I was about to come out to my parents, and Tony insisted he should go home for a bit and give us some space will I do this. I didn't want to let him at first, I didn't want to risk him having another run-in with his dad, but he'd have to go back there at some point to collect some stuff to stay with me anyway.

"Alright, I'll leave you to it then" Tony smiled, getting ready to leave.

"Okay, be careful with your dad" I warned, hesitant to let him go.

"I'll be fine, good luck" he said, quickly kissing my cheek before making his way back to his house.

I stayed stood in the hallway for a few more moments, trying to build up the confidence to come out to my parents. I knew they should be fine, they're not the type of people that wouldn't be accepting of their son, but there was still something at the back of my mind telling me they won't accept me.

I walked towards the kitchen where my parents were sat, taking in a deep breath as I tried to calm my nerves. "Mum, dad, please can I talk to you? It's important"

"Of course, what is it sweetheart?" My mum asked, looking worried.

I pulled out a seat opposite them around the kitchen table, taking in another deep breath.

"Uh...I'm uh...I'm gay... Tony's my boyfriend" I paused, preparing myself for them to shout at me. But they didn't , they didn't even say anything, they just stared wide-eyed, which was probably even more worrying. "You're not saying anything...you're mad aren't you? Please don't hate me" I said quietly, looking down in my lap.

"Mike... that's great! How could we ever hate you? We're so proud of you Mikey" My mum beamed, getting out of her seat and pulling me into a large hug.

I let out a large breath that I didn't even realise I had been holding, I was so relieved, I knew they'd accept me. I looked over at my dad, making sure he felt the same way and he nodded with acceptance, grinning at me widely.

-

"Mike! How did it go?" Tony asked quickly as he picked up the phone, not even a 'hello' as he answered.

I smiled, excited to tell him about it. "It went great, Tony. Now pack some clothes, okay? You're coming over here and I'll explain everything then"