Chapter 18

Mike's POV

*A few weeks later*

After the day Tony and I spent at the park the other week, we've decided to spend a lot more of our time here. It was somewhat of a hideout for us, the entire park was run-down as well as being surrounded by bushes and trees, cutting it off from the outside world. This made it a perfect place for us, feeling cut off from the outside world whenever we were together here. It was always just me and him, every weekend and every day after school, very rarely ever seeing anyone else in the park.
Most our time was spent on the swings together, swinging for hours as we chatted.

Although a usually perfect and happy place for us, today was different here. Today I saw something I wish I had never seen.

It was when I turned around on the swing to face Tony when I noticed it. How did I not notice before? I've tried helping him, protecting him, how could I have missed this?
Tony's hands were raised slightly as they gripped onto the ropes of the swing, making his sleeves roll down to display his wrists a small amount, but enough to make me see what I wish I had never seen.
Harsh, red cuts were scattered all over Tony's arms, some darker and fresher than others.

"Tony... your arms" I stammered, not being able to avert my gaze from it.

Tony immediately brought his arms back down to his lap as he realised what I was referring to, pulling down his sleeves as he tried avoiding my gaze.

After a few seconds of silence whilst both of us tried to figure out what to say to each other, Tony got out of his seat on the swing and walked away from me.
"I'm sorry" He whimpered as he left.

"Tony, no" I said, catching up to him. I quickly grabbed him by his shoulders and span him round to face me.

"Please, Tony" I begged. "You can't do this to yourself."

Both our eyes were filled with tears, my hands rubbed Tony's arms before I brought my hand to cup his cheek, wiping away his tears and doing my best to comfort him.

"I'm sorry" he sniffed, bringing his hand up to hold on to mine that was still cupping his cheek. "I've tried to stop, but I just can't help it sometimes." Was all he could manage to say before his sobs took over.

I comforted Tony for a few more moments as I tried to figure out what I should say to him. Without thinking, I pulled Tony's face towards mine, leaning in to connect my lips with his. What was I doing? I felt as if my body was losing connection with my mind. I didn't mean to do this. Why would I? I'm straight. I'm straight and I do not have a crush on Tony. I tried telling myself again.
So if I'm so straight, why the fuck am I still kissing him?

Finally, I realised what I was actually doing, immediately disconnecting our lips and pushing back away from Tony, almost falling backwards as I backed away.

"Fuck, I'm sorry, I'm- ...fuck" I stammered, quickly turning to leave. Tony didn't say anything, he just stood, frozen and stunned at what had happened.

I grabbed my bag and immediately started speed walking, leaving Tony stood in the middle of the park alone.