Chapter 14

Tony's POV

I spent the entire school day feeling like a nervous wreck awaiting Mike's visit to my house after school. I spent all of yesterday tidying the house as best I could to make it at least look like a happy family home.
I cleared up all the empty beer cans and bottles of alcohol my father had left laying around the house, hoovered the floor and put back every out of place object there was. I knew I was going slightly over the top, I mean he was just coming to visit, it wasn't like he was coming to inspect my house or anything. But Mike's house was beautiful, and I just didn't want Mike to think badly on me because of the state my dad leaves our house in.

"Hey Tone, you ready to go?" Mike asked as he approached me after his last lesson, I blushed slightly at the nickname he had given me.

"Yep." I smiled, still nervous about what he's going to think when we get back to my house. "By the way, my dad's not going to be home tonight, so I'll be making dinner, if thats okay." I warned him.

"That's cool, just don't poison me, okay?" Mike laughed, nudging my shoulder as we made our way out of school.

- - -

"So, what are you making for dinner, chef Tony?" Mike asked, a grin spread across his face. We were sat on my small sofa in front of my television in the front room, our legs spread over each other due to the limited amount of room we had. My face was probably bright red after Mike placed his legs atop of mine, but he didn't seem to think anything of it, so I tried to calm my nerves the best I could.

"Well, you see, when I said 'making' dinner, I sorta just meant i'll be taking a pizza out of a box and putting it in the oven" I giggled.

"I guess that means I can't call you 'chef Tony' anymore. That sucks, 'puts-pizza-in-the-oven Tony' just doesn't have that same ring to it." Mike laughed. God, he's adorable. I mean, I hate myself for thinking it, he's straight and would probably hate me if he knew I thought of him like that, but I can't help it. He's funny, he's probably the only person who seems to care about me and he actually makes me feel slightly confident.

I was having a great time with Mike, we had figured we liked similar music after spending a while in my room looking at my posters, we watched a lot of TV, and pretty much spent hours talking. It was weird, but amazing. I don't think i've properly spoken to anyone this much in years.

We were both stood in my kitchen as I started preparing dinner for Mike and I. He decided to award me with the 'chef Tony' nickname again after I make a small salad to go with our pizza.
Although, despite the great time I was having with Mike, I just knew it would be too good to be true and something would have to go wrong.

I heard a key in the lock of my front door and suddenly the door was slammed open and my heart immedietly dropped. My dad was back.