Chapter 14

I went to sleep last night dreaming about the party. I wondered how me and Laurel were going to arrive together. I didn't have my own car, and I didn't know where she lived. That is until she texted me this morning.

-----------
L- Hey, we can meet in front of the bakery, so you can pick me up. Meet me there at 7. Be there.
P- Yes, Laurel. See you there
-----------

Ok. Problem. I guess now I gotta ask Tony if I can borrow a car. Great. He was in his lab, with Dr. Banner.

"Hey, Stark, can I talk to you for a moment?" I gulped, peering my head through the door.

"Sure, kiddo." He put down a piece of paper and headed out the door with me. "What's up, roadrunner?"

"I need to borrow a car."

He laughed, then realized I wasn't kidding.

"Yeah, no, sorry, kid." He smiled, then turned to enter the lab again. I grabbed his arm before he could.

"Please, Tony. I need to pick up this girl to go to party, and-"

"Back it up." He coughed. "Pick up? A girl?"

"Why does everyone find that so hard to believe?" I said, slightly annoyed.

"Fine, you can take the black Sonata." He said, looking for the keys inside the lab.

"That is a cool car." I said, surprised Tony would give me that car.

"It will blow her away." He smirked.

"Thank you." I said, before running towards my room.

I went to take a shower and get ready. It was 5:30 so I didn't go fast. It took me about an hour to shower, get dressed, fix my hair, etc, etc, etc. Now it was 6:45, so I went down to the lobby to go to the garage. I spotted the car and got in. The luxury in it was amazing and all, but how would I explain this to Laurel? I could say it was a gift from my sister. My very rich sister. Should I lie? Oh, man. I don't want to lie to Laurel. I opened the garage door and drove off. I had gotten my license a couple of weeks ago. Cap urged me to.

I arrived at the bakery and it was 7pm. Laurel wasn't there yet. I looked around to see if I saw her, but nothing. When I got in the car, Laurel did the same.

"This is one nice car." She said, looking around. Man, she was absolutely gorgeous. She was wearing a white, short dress. It was sleeveless. And it ended just above her knee.

"You look, stunning." I started driving.

"Same to you." She smiled, checking her phone.

"So, where are going?" I asked.

"Brooklyn. You know where that is, right, Pietro?" She smiled, looking at me.

"Uh... Sure?" I grinned, causing her to chuckle.

"I have GPS. Don't worry."

"Good."

We arrived at the party at 7:35, due to traffic. It was a big house, to be honest.

"You said it was your co-worker's party?" I asked, looking at the huge house in front of us.

"Yeah. You're not scared, are you?" She smirked, holding my arm.

"Of course not, now come on. We have a party to attend to."