Chapter 13

Most the of the people at the party left in cabs since they were too drunk to be out on the street, driving. I helped most of them to their cabs, they were very doozy and giggly.

"Here you go, ma'am." I said, helping a woman get into the cab.

"Thanks, boy. Here, take the money." She gave me a coupon for Quiznos instead of actual money, but I rolled with it.

"Thank you. Be safe!" I said, as the cab drove off.

I stood outside in the cold air for about ten minutes, then I headed inside. I was said goodnight by the security guard at the entrance. Then I went to my room and took a shower. I got in my bed and turned on the TV. I put the local news on to see what was happening. Huh, apparently there's some vigilante in Hell's Kitchen. People call him the Devil of Hell's Kitchen. People in this city are always looking for new ways to get in danger. Then another report came in, about another vigilante on the streets. Man, this guy's a real punisher. Leaves his targets dead. A real judge, jury, and executioner, this guy. I turned off the TV and went to sleep.

------------------

When I woke up, it was almost 12pm and I quickly went to the bathroom to change and went to the kitchen afterwards. I met up with my sister there.

"Hello, sister." I smiled, grabbing a cup of coffee.

"Good morning, or should I say good afternoon." She raised an eyebrow, taking a sip from her beverage.

"I need you to accompany me to buy some clothes," I put my elbows on the counter, "please?"

"Why? What is the occasion?" She smirked, realizing my possible answer.

"I was invited to a party." I looked away, rapidly taking a sip from my coffee.

"What type of party?" She smirked again, which made me blush.

"Well, she said-"

"She? Oh, Pietro!" She smiled and got up from her chair. "Is it that girl, Laurel?"

"Maybe." I shrugged.

"You are deep in love, Pietro!" She jumped up and down.

"Wanda! It is just a party!" I groaned.

"All right, if that is what you say." She said, sarcastically.

"She said it was not formal, and I could wear whatever I would like."

"Well, it will be casual but it has to leave an impression on her." She continued.

"Well, where are we going to go?" I interrupted.

"Meet me at the lobby when you finish your 'breakfast'." She laughed, leaving towards the elevator.

I ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with coffee, as fast as I could, and ran to the elevator before it closed on me.

"Done." I said to Wanda, making her chuckle.

We went to various stores near Times Square and various designer warehouses. Honestly, Wanda was having a better time than me. I just wanted Laurel to see me, for me. Anyway, we ended in a not so high class designer store and bought my outfit there. It was a blue and white stripes shirt, accompanied by a grey vest and blue skinny jeans. It was not so formal, but not so casual. And the colors were my favorite colors so great. These clothes spoke: me.

"So, are you going to dance with her?" Wanda asked, as we strolled down the sidewalk towards the tower.

"We both know, I am not a good slow dancer." I grinned.

"I will teach you. I was always the superior dancer in the family." She chuckled, which made me smile. I was the luckiest brother in the world.

We got to the tower, and after I put away the new clothes in my room, we headed to the family room. Wanda put on some slow music, to which I gagged to. That earned me a nudge on my shoulder.

"All right, but your hand slightly above my waist, your other hand will be holding my other hand. Plant your feet." She instructed, I followed. "Follow my feet. If I move forward, you move backwards. If I move backwards, you move forward."

She started to move her feet forward and backwards. I did as she told me so. Moving my feet opposite to hers. We swayed from side to side, then in circles, and then all around the room. She told me to twirl her to which I tried, and failed. She told me to do it again. To grab her hand up high and she will do the twirling. Natasha and Cap arrived at the room, and looked at us. They decided to join us and danced to the music as well. Then Tony and Pepper arrived, and joined us too. Before we knew it, almost everyone was dancing to the music.

I had never been to a ball or a dance, but I guess now I had been.