Chapter 64

"Laurel, when you said we were just going to make a quick stop before going to the Roman Forum, I imagined a McDonald's, not the Borghese Gallery and Museum." I grunted, standing serious while Laurel marveled at various paintings.

"Oh, Pietro. You should start valuing artistic masterpieces like these. This is history we're witnessing!" She gasped as she saw another hall of sculptures.

"I value history, but in the form of huge forums!"

"Sometimes a painting can say so much more, but only if you're willing to talk with it." She said, in a mysterious yet provocative tone.

"Paintings do not talk, Laurel."

"Only if you believe they can't." Laurel continued to gaze upon every art piece in the building, while I followed behind her.

"Laurel, when are we-"

"Oh my god! It's the Apollo and Daphne sculpture! Quick, Pietro, take a picture!" Laurel handed me her phone and posed next to the big sculpture. I took the photo and continued to frown.

"Laur-"

Oh my lord! It's David!"

"La-"

"The Rape of Proserpina!"

"L-"

"The Truth Unveiled By Time! I've only seen pictures of this!"

"Okay, Laurel! Can we please go now?!" I yelled, captivating the attention of everyone in the room. "Please...?"

"Damn it, Pietro. Can't you just enjoy what I enjoy?"

"It is not like that." I muttered. "You said it was going to be a quick stop."

"I did, didn't I?"

I nodded.

"Fine. I've seen what I wanted to see. Let's go to the Forum, but on one condition."

"What is the condition?"

"You take a selfie of us next to David." She smiled, reaching out for my hand. I blushed, sheepishly grabbing it and following her to the sculpture. I then took her phone and took the photo, Laurel quickly placing a kiss on my cheek as my cheeks blushed red because of it.

"And that's how you take a selfie." Laurel smirked, taking back her phone.

After that, we left the museum and the guy who offered to drive us when we got here drove us to the Roman Forum. When we got there, we paid for our entrance and we started our walk.

It was truly spectacular. It was like we were reliving history. Ancient romans had walked where I was walking. All those thoughts excited me, making Laurel chuckle at my geekiness.

"I just love greek and roman history."

"Oh, I can see that."

We then stopped at a booth to get some drinks. Laurel and I bought two bottles of water we continued our walk. When we reached the Temple of Divus Romulus, we sat down to take a break. It was a sunny day, and it was pretty breezy, but it was a long walk.

"The Colisseum is right next to here. We can go, if you want. Only if you want." I assured, trying not to sound demanding.

"I don't really want to go to the Colisseum. It's boring."

My world crumbled.

"Um, what?"

"Yeah, can we go back to the hotel and watch TV?"