Preparations & Extending Families

#KFTC has been updated.

I know it's short ain't no need to remind me it's 4:15AM I'm going bed.

Happy Reading
-RenaeFraser

Tamia

"Can you please pass the eyeballs."

"Here you go." Amy said as she passed the bowl of fake eyes.

We were in the office doing a little DIY for Serai birthday party after having the guys push back the desk against the wall I was sitting on the floor making some dead like flowers with eyes in the center of each of them, She wanted creepy well by the looks of it she's gonna get just that, while I was doing that  Amy was printing photos of a man's head to use as our head in jar. 

Toya was in the kitchen making the worms- of jello that is just to see if she could get it right following a recipe she found online, putting my glue gun down I set the last flower down beside the others so they could dry properly as my phone rang.

Checking the ID I saw it was David calling.

"Hello."

"Hey sweetie, how are you?"

"I'm doing okay, you?"

"I'm fine, was just thinking about you and I was wondering if we were still on that dinner with your boyfriend Kevin."

Great, I didn't remember about that now I'm going to have to explain to my father  Kevin and I have broken up not to mention he knows nothing about me being pregnant yet.

"Um no that won't be happening, Kevin and I-" God it still hurts to talk about him.

"He and I are broken up."

"Oh honey I'm so sorry, are you okay?"

"Yes I'm getting there."

"Wait if you broke up where are you staying?"

Now I have to explain how a bad situation got weird.

"I'm still staying at the house." I looked up at Amy as she went about her task I knew she was listen and even though she knew she didn't know everything.

"Why." He asked.

"Its a long story, I don't wanna get into it."

"You know you can come stay with me."

"Really?"

He chuckled.  "Why you sound so surprised."

"I'm sorry I just didn't figure th st was even up for conversation we hardly know each other."

We're blood that's all I need to know, if you want you can move in here I'm sure you're not comfortable with living with your ex boyfriend."

"Can I think about it?"

"Sure baby, but I still do expect to see you soon."

"I'll call you with the when."

"Okay well I got to go I have a meeting in a few minutes have a great day sweetheart."

"You too David, bye."

"Bye."

Hanging up the phone I turned to see Amy closing the jar .

"Done." She smiled.

Looking at it side ways I asked "How does it look to you."

"Like a head in a jar."

"No I mean does it look creepy to you."

Turning her head to the side with me she said. "Not really."

"Then we're going to need something creepier."

Hearing the door rattle we both looked up to see Toya coming in with a bowl.

"I present to you a bowl of worms."

Sticking her arms out for us to see there they were her worms.

"Go ahead taste it."

"You go first Amy."

"Why me?"

"We're pregnant."

"Y'all is too much it just jello." Toya said, pick up a worm she threw her head back throwing it in her mouth all at once.

"Yumm."

Shrugging my shoulder Amy and I both took one and  taking a bit of it . "Not bad." Amy mumbled.

"Yeah taste exactly like jello."

"Yep, I see you did the flowers and Amy finished with the head in the jar."

"Yeah but the head isn't scary enough so we're going to redo that."

"Just one more day til Serai's sixteen."

"She better love this I'm pregnant I ain't got to be doing all of this so let her say one negative shìt and I'm a go in pregnant and all."

"I'm with you."

"I wonder what she's gonna go as."

"Me too she sure won't tell me."

"Well I gotta go get ready Mark and I have some houses to see today. I'm over this whole house hunting bit but I'm more than ready for my own place do pray for us pray, you especially Ames."

"Why especially me?"

"Ain't you a Christian you and God are like homies maybe just maybe you praying might help me. So pray girl pray."

"Bitches! I'm home!"

Shit.

"Hell I left some shìt in the he kitchen." Toya said putting the bowl down.

"Go ahead and clean up we'll stall."

All three of us hurried out the office closing and locking the door behind me Toya said a quick hey to Serai speed walking to the kitchen.

"Hey Serai."  Amy smiled at her.

"Hey what's with her."

"I don't know."

"How was practice."

"Fine, what's going on y'all acting shady." She squinted her eyes at us.

"Nothing, why you say that." I said nervously.

"Does this have anything to do with my birthday party."

"Yes." Her eyes lit up.

Turning around she moved to head to the kitchen, grabbing her bag straps I stopped her.

"What I tell you."

"I have to wait til the party." She mumbled mimicking the words I told her repeatedly these past few days.

"Fine but y'all better throw me the best Halloween birthday party ever."

"I got this."

"Ugh I'll be upstairs." She said as she walked up the staircase.

"Okay, love you best friend." I shouted a little as she moved further up the stairs only to flick me off.

"Ain't gotta be rude."

I turned to Amy "Come on let's help Toya clean up."