Chapter 9- Backstory Time

Laura's POV

"Alright. You guys look normal. Fred?" Jasmine questioned.

"Part of the blessing is that you don't get a hangover if you drink. That's how it was used now at least, you're resistant to most party effects, so you won't wake up feeling terrible."

"That's actually really nice. Where are we heading to next Fred?" I asked our leader.

"Next stop, the capital. Time to go to Springfield."

"I've been there once on a school field trip. We saw the Lincoln museum and it was pretty fascinating when I was 13." Ryan remarked from the back.

"I remember that!" I heard Jasmine say.

We had both known Anthony and Ryan for a long time. They were really close friends to us. We only started to be friends when we were in 7th grade. We really connected and would always hang out with each other. It helped that Anthony's mom didn't really care where he went and Ryan's mom was the sweetest person ever. Ryan's mom always loved Jasmine, she liked me too but they seemed to bond more. Jasmine also sort of bonded with Anthony's mom, which is strange.

"Alright well then, let's go. Pack up your things and then run out."

And just like that we were headed to Springfield, Illinois. We stopped at a "rest stop" that was made for us. They were basically normal houses packed with beds. A lot of beds, which made it a big house. Big houses usually have nice big backyards. This was no exception.

"Alright children gather around the fire! It's story time." Jay Martinez said with a sort of fire in his eyes. He is a Hephaestus kid, it's expected. I'm glad it's night time right now, the fire would've been weird otherwise.

"Actually.....I don't mean to ruin your little story telling time, but I was thinking we could share a bit about ourselves. Perhaps you can call them, back stories? I thought we would cook some smores around the fire while we're at it too." Sara Johnson announced.

"I quite like that idea. It will give us a chance to see who we are, in a true and raw matter. Thanks Sara." Jasmine acknowledged Sara with a curt nod and kind smile.

It was obvious Sara wasn't very talkative at first. We would have to crack that she'll of hers, the quite ones are always the best.

"I'll go get the s'mores supplies. Can anyone come and help me?" Ashley Brown asked.

Her brother Michael Ládron stood up, and following them was Lily Annabelle Hoodson. She was a daughter of Dionysus. As far as I knew, she had a bubbly personality and was a great person overall. I'm sure her and I will grow to be close friends. She shows a lot of potential, yet she doesn't acknowledge it. Interesting.

"While that's done, everybody pick a spot near the fire. Leave a space right in front of the fire, that's where the backstory teller will sit."

"If you don't mind, I'd like to go first." A voice emerged from the night shadows that were whisked away from the fire.

I felt my throat tighten up as I looked at the figure. He resembled someone that I used to know. Not by his looks, but just by his being. I don't remember seeing his files anywhere. By his looks, I have a feeling he is very powerful and loyal. He gives off the era, or maybe I'm just getting it.

When I heard his name, I almost let out a strangled cry.

"Alex Moon."

"Moon?" Jessica Grace raised an eyebrow in questioning.

"I'm sure Artemis wasn't to pleased with the last name." She remarked.

"She was fine with it. If she wasn't okay with it, then she wouldn't of given me her blessing and brought me back fully."