The Masquerade Ball (Part 2)

Elena's pov

Marcus unged for Molly again. Matt yelled and held out his hand before he coud get to her. "NO!!" I watched in shock as Marcus flew across to the other end of the hallway. "Matt, what the hell just happened?!" I looked at my older nrother with wide eyes, he looked back at me with the same expression. "I think i just found my powers"

Marcus had gotten to his feet and was running towards us. He suddenly stopped and doubled over in pain, clutching his head he began screaming. Matt walked in front of me. "Elena! Elena! Snap out of it" he started shaking me, i knew he was in front of me but i couldn't see him but i could feel him shaking me but it felt like i was in a trance.Marcus was still on the floor, clutching his head and screaming in pain. Matt was shaking me again. I still didn't snap out of the trance. Marcus' screaming had stopped and i could see over Matt's shoulder that he was lying on the floor, barely breathing. My eyes rolled to the back of my head and i fell, but i didn't feel my body hit the floor, instead i felt someones arms aroud me, cradaling me.

Matt's pov

Marcus was running towards us when he suddenly fell to the floor in agony, clutching his head screaming in pain. I traded a confused look with Molly and then we both turned our gazes to Elena who was stood with her eyes on Marcus. She looked like she was in a trance. I stepped in front of her and looked her in the eyes. They were glazed over. "Elena! Elena! Snap out of it!" I grabbed her shoulders and started to sheake her trying to snap her out of the trance. It didn't work. I started shaking her again. Still nothing.Then it all went quiet. Marcus' screaming had stopped. I looked over my shoulder to see him lying on the ground, he was till breathing, barely. I looked back to my sister to see her eyes roll back and her flling. I caught her in my arms before she hit the floor. All seven of us walked back to the limo, Elena was sleeping in my arms, when we got into the limo i gave her to Damon who laid her across one of the seats and put her head on his lap. We were about half-way home when Elena sat up and gasped for air. All eyes turned to her.

Elena's pov

"Elena" I looked at my brother who had a worried expression on his face. "Elena, what happened back at the school?" I turned around in the seat that i had been lying on so i was sat next to Damon.  "I-I saw him running towards us and i just looked at him and he just...he just keeled over screaming. And then i just...I couldn't snap out of it, until he stopped screaming. Oh my God did I...did I kill him?" Molly shook her head. "No he'll be fine once his body heals which will take a couple of hours." I nodded.

The limo stopped in front of Damon's house and we all got out of the limo and watched Leo drive off before going into the house. All of us except Jake and Luke went into the front room, Jake and Luke went into the kitchen to get some glasses and drinks. They came back in and poured the drinks and handed us a glass each. I took a sip of mine and felt it burning my throat on the way down. "Woah, what is this" i asked scrunching up my nose. Damon chuckled beside me. "It's bourbon" I looked up at Damon and narrowed my eyes. "It's realy strong but its nice, it takes the edge off" Damon smiled.

"So are we gonna talk about what happened at the school or not?" I looked at Luke who was sat on the arm of the cahir where Lindsay was sitting."Yes, i think it would be easier to talk about it" everyone nodded. "Like i said in the limo, i saw him running towards us and i just looked at him and he dropped to his knees clutching his head, screaming, then Matt tried to break the trance but it didn't work and then Marcus stopped screaming and he was on the floor" everyone was watching me intently. "Try it with me" I looked at Luke like he was crazy. I didn't want to hurt him. "No! Are you crazy?!" He just looked at me. "Elena, i think i know what you did to him, I just have to be sure, if you do it to me i'll know what you did to him" I looked at him and nodded my head, i stood up and looked at him imagining him on the floor clutching his head in pain. "aaaahhhhhh" i watched as Luke dropped to his knees clutching his haid in pain. I blinked and thought of him kneeling on the floor but no longer in pain. "Ow. Now i know what you did to him" Luke slowly got to his feet. Everyone in the room was looking at him with curious faces. "What did I do to him Luke?" he looked at him and he smiled a half-smile. "You gave him an aneurysm. You can drop any supernatural creature with a single look. All you have to do is think of them on the floor holding their head in pain" I nodded, i was intruiged at what else i could do. "So what else can i do?" Luke looked at me and smiled. "Wait here" he walked out of the room and turned a couple of thick, old looking books. "What are those?" I pointed to the pile of old boks that Luke had placed on the coffee table. "These my dear are grimoires" I arched my eyebrow. "Grimoires? Aren't those the books that they use on shows like The Vampire Diaries? Like a witches cookbook?" He nodded at me. "Yes, they are but these are real ones. Here try out a spell"

I picked up the book that was on the top of the pile and placed my glass of bourbon on the table. I flicked through the grimoire looking for a spell to try out. I looked up at the fireplace that was flickering wildley in front of me i focused on the fire and then looked at the book and read the spell aloud. 'Ex Spiritum Intaculum, In Terrum Incendium, Fes Matos Valis Adisdum' I ooked back to the fire and watch it go down and nearly burn out. I decided to try another one. "Ooohh this one looks fun. I need a bowl of water, candles and someone to hypnotise. Damon will you let me hypnotise you?" he rolled his eyes and then nodded. Lindsay went to get the other things i needed. She came back a couple of minutes later, Damn was lying on the floor with his head in my lap with his eyes closed. Lindsay handed me the bowl of water and placed the candles randomly around the room and went to go get a match to light them, I stopped her. "There's no need" i thought of the candles being lit and they did. She nodded her head in approval. I dipped my fingers in the bow of water and then on Damon's temples. Damon went into a trance. I thought of some questions to ask him. "Why does Marcus hate you and your family so much?"

"My parents and my uncle killed his parents and older brother"

"Why did they do that?"

"Because they killed my uncles wife and children"

"Why would they do that?"

"They blamed them for the death of their first born"

"Their first born? They had another child before Lewis, Molly and Marcus?"

"Yes, her name was Emily"

"What can you tell me about Emily"

"She was beautiful and strong, everyone knew about her. My uncles oldest son Marc was in ove with her and she was in ove with him. My uncles wife found out and told the rest of the family, they banned them from seeing each other. Emily was so heartbroken that she killed herself. After they got the news my uncle and his wife kept Marc under close observation so he wouldn't meet the same fate."

"Then what happened?"

"Emily's parents found out and they saw Lucy my uncles wife and he two children Marc and Ali and slaughtered them. When my uncle and parents found out they went to their house and killed the three of them. They knew Molly and Marcus were there but spared them because they had nothing to with it and my mother couldn't bring herself to murder her own child"

"You knew about Molly?"

"Yes, for many years now"

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

"My mother asked me not to"

"How did you find out about Molly before anyone else?"

"I overheard my father, mother and Molly talking about it after they killed her father, step-mother and brother"

His eyes fluttered open. He was still a little drowsy. I can't believe he knew. All this time, he knew and didn't say anything. I looked around the room to see a bunch of shocked faces.