Telling My Family

Damon's pov

I walked down the front steps and down the driveway to my car. I looked back at the house, Elena was still stood at the door watching me. I climbed into my car and started the engine. She waved at me before I drove off, I waved back and then drove out of her view.

How was I going to tell my family that I had found my mate? I know I'm not the only one in my family who has found their mate. My brother Jake found his a couple of years ago, but telling me and Lindsay was hard for him.

I finally arrived home. I drove up the long gravel driveway and parked the car. I took a deep breath as I locked the car and walked up the steps to the front door.

"Jake!! Lindsay!! Jordan!! Are you home?! I need to talk to all of you!!"

All three of them suddenly appeared in front of me. Of course they use their vampire speed to get here quickly. Jake and Jordan stood hand in hand (Jordan is Jakes mate) and Lindsay stood next to Jordan.

Lindsay spoke up before anyone else had the chance "What's wrong Damon? What do you need to talk to us about?" concern washed over face.

"You might want to sit down for this" I gave them all a small smile and ran my fingers through my black hair.

We all walked into the living room and took a seat. I was sat on the armchair while Lindsay, Jordan and Jake say on the couch opposite.

"Damon? Are you okay?" Jordan asked me, I could hear the worry in her voice.

"I'm fine. I. I found her."

"Found who?" Jake furrowed his brows as he looked at me with curiosity.

"My mate"

"WHAT?!" all three of them asked in unison their eyes widening in shock.

"When?" Jake looked me directly in the eyes when he said this.

"Today in school"

"Tell us about her" I looked at Jordan and smiled.

"She's perfect. She has long dark brown hair, she has deep brown eyes, her smile is mesmerising and she has the most beautiful laugh. She's warm, kind, friendly."

"aww, do I get to meet her tomorrow at school??" Lindsay looked at me with hope in her eyes.

I couldn't help but smile at her "Yes. She wants to meet you"

"Yay!!" my younger sister clapped her hands with excitement.

Jake cleared his throat and all out eyes fell on him. "Where have you been anyway? School finished hours ago."

"I was at Elena's"

"Elena?" they asked in unison.

I rolled my eyes. "My mate"

"Oh" which they again said in unison.

That was easier than I expected it to be. I've decided to wait a couple of weeks to ask her on a date. There's something of about her, it's almost like she's hiding something to. Was she a witch, a vampire, maybe a werewolf? I don't know but she's definitely not a normal human being.