Chapter 13

Damon's pov

I walked away from the bathroom door to let Elena get ready. I pulled my shirt over my head and threw it over one of the chairs that were placed in front of the bookshelf that covered the wall next to the bathroom. I walked to my closet and took my jeans off and threw them onto the chair with my shirt. I grabbed a pair of track suit bottoms and put them on.

I walked over to my bed and laid on my back with my arms behind my head. The bathroom door opened, there was a brief pause. I knew she was checking me out.

I mentally smiled. "Enjoying the view Elena?"

"Oh. Erm. Sorry" I chuckled.

"You don't have to apologise" I got off the bed and walked over to her. I stroked her hair gently and pulled her into hug. Her warm breath on my exposed chest sent electricity through my body.

"Come on. Let's go to bed. Get comfy"

"Okay"

I pulled her over to the bed and laid down. She was stood at the edge of the bed. "You don't have to stand there you know"

She sat down with her back to me and after a couple of seconds she laid down in her back next to me. I pushed myself up so I was resting on my elbow.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine"

"No you're not Elena. I can tell you're not."

"I'm half angel, quarter human and quarter witch, and my mate and his family are vampires, next thing you'll be telling me that my bestfriend is a werewolf."

"Yeah. Talk about crazy. It'll be okay Elena. I promise" she rolled onto her side so she was facing me and I laid down next to her instead of leaning on my elbow.

Our eyes locked and I cupped her cheek with my hand and slowly moved towards her so our foreheads were touching and our lips were inches apart. She closed the distance by putting her lips on mine.

After I pulled away from the kiss Elena put her head on my chest and I had my arm wrapped around her shoulder and we both fell asleep.