School

Elena'a pov

I woke up the next morning with my head on Damon's bare chest and he had his arm around my shoulder. I felt happy in that moment. I felt content. There was a knock at the door.

"Come in" Damon told the person on the other side of the door. The door swung open and Lindsay came bouncing in.

"Come on love birds. Time to get up. We have school." she pulled the covers off of us and skipped out of the room.

I groaned and buried my head in Damon's chest. "Do we have to go to school?"

"Unfortunately, yes we do"

"Ugh'' Damon chuckled.

I got up and walked over to the bathroom. "You know you look really hot in my clothes"

Damon was leaning against the door frame. "Yeah and I'll look better once I'm ready. So could you please leave?"

"Hmmm, not without doing this" he walked over to me and placed his lips on mine. I moaned under the kiss and pulled away.

"I need to get dressed. Unless you want me to stay here all day."

"Tempting but we have to go to school. Now get ready. I'll be downstairs"

"Okay"

I quickly got dressed. Brushed my teeth and did my hair and make-up. I went downstairs to find Damon, Jake, Lindsay and Jordan in the kitchen. The smell of pancakes hit my nose as I got closer.

"mmmm something smells delicious" they all turned to face me as I stood in the doorway.

"You look beautiful Elena"

"And you look dashing Damon" he used his vampire speed to come over to me and pressed his lips against mine. I felt him smile and I pulled away and walked over to the table to get some food.

"Good morning Elena"

"Morning Jake"

"Did you sleep okay?"

"Yes, thank you for letting me stay here"

"It's no problem. You're Damon's mate. We might as well get used to you being around" Jake smiles at me and I smiled back.

"Come on guys we don't wanna be late for school"

"Lindsay. Why are you so eager to get to school?"

"I'm not I just don't want to be late"

"Whatever Linds"

"Shut up Damon"

"They're always like this"

"Thanks for letting me know Jordan"

"Welcome. We will see you tonight when you get in"

"Yeah see you guys then"

"Bye"

As we pulled up into the school parking lot and got out of the car I got the feeling that I was being watched.

"Damon?"

"Elena? What's wrong?"

"I think someone is watching me"

Damon quickly scanned the parking lot and stopped on a guy that was stood next to his car. His gaze was on me. I heard a low growl come from Damon's throat.

"Elena, do you know that guy?"

"Yeah. His name is Marcus. Why?"

"He's a werewolf. He knows about us and he wants to take you away from me and have you for himself."

"That is never going to happen Damon. So he's jealous of you?"

"Pretty much"

"Well, let's give him something to be jealous about" with that I stood on my tiptoes and pressed my lips to Damon's, when we pulled away we noticed Marcus glaring at us.

Damon's pov

That Marcus kid had some serious explaining to do. Why did he want Elena so much? I wish he would stop staring at her like that it's pissing me off.

I walked Elena to her locker before first period and he was there with his 'pack' just staring at her. When he noticed that I had seen him looking he gave me a sinister glare and an evil smirk spread across his lips. He had something sinister in mind and I need to find out what it is so I can protect Elena.

The morning went quickly. I hadn't seen Marcus since before first period. I walked to the cafeteria with Elena and we grabbed some food and sat down with Lindsay at the table right at the back of the cafeteria.

"Damon"

"Elena, whats wrong?"

"He's looking again" i turned around in my chair and saw Marcus looking this way, as soon as he saw me look at him he gave me that evil smirk again. I had to tell Jake about this. He isn't even the Alpha's son. He's jut another wolf in the pack. I needed to know why he wanted Elena so much.