chapter fourteen

dedicated to Attru67 for helping me out and listening to me and being there for me!!!

THANK YOU ATTRU67!!!

*KEVIN’S POV*

“Where have you been Kevin? I was worried when you said you couldn’t pick me up,” Jennifer said. I smiled at her and assured her everything was okay.

“Are you sure?” she asked.

“Yes,” I told her.

“Okay, then let’s dance Kevin,” she grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the center of the room. She wrapped her arms around my neck and started swaying her hips to the slow music.

After a couple seconds I finally stopped.

“Jennifer,” I said gently pulled her hands off me. She looked up at me, worried and confused.

“What’s up with you today? First, you couldn’t pick me up, and now you won’t dance with me?” she said. I could tell she was getting angry. I sighed.

“I’m just not in the mood.” I looked at her and she just stood there, looking at me. She seemed to have gotten an idea because she let up

“Then let’s go do something else,” she said happily as she stepped closer to me. A smile crept across her face and she tugged my tuxedo. I tried not to sound irritated as I said, “Maybe later.”

I took a step back and Jennifer sighed.

“Fine then, I’ll just go find another guy to dance with,” she said angrily to me. She turned around dramatically and stomped off.

I rolled my eyes and watched her leave. I shrugged it off and looked around for Kate. I tried again once I couldn’t find her the first time. And again, I couldn’t find her.

I leave her for one minute and she disappears.

What am I going to do with that girl?

“Hey Kevin,” someone patted my shoulder. I turned around to see Chris. “Looking for someone?” Chris seemed like he did something wrong, like usual.

A frustrated sigh escaped from my lips. Chris smirked and looked around.

“Where is Kate anyways?” he asked. I shrugged and kept looking.

“I’m going to look outside,” I told him. He nodded and I made my way through the people.

I walked past the angel statue and glanced out the windows. The buff man was still at the door as I walked out. The night sky had a few stars on it. A couple was making out at the corner of the house and another one next to some bushes. A cat was crossing the street with no cars on it.

I searched for Kate but it was as if she just didn’t exist. I looked everywhere for her.

Where could that girl be?

*KATE’S POV*

I woke up in a cold grey room. It looked like a basement. The first thing I noticed was that my hands were tied up behind me.

 I started freaking out and squirming around, hoping that for some reason, the rope would just magically fall off.

What am I doing here? How did I get here? Who brought me here? Do you like dogs? What am I going to do? Why would someone bring me here? Am I going crazy? Millions of questions ran through my head.

I tried to remember what had happened. I remembered walked out the mansion and then someone pulled something over my nose and everything went black after that.