chapter eleven

*NICK’S POV*

She looked so innocent and nice; I just couldn’t help but smile.

 “Okay, just tell me,” she whined stood up and took the empty glass over to the sink. I quickly washed it and looked over at Kate. She was just sitting there, tapping her foot, and staring into space.

 I laughed to myself. Kate was so…different, in a good way though. She was mumbled some words that sounded like lyrics. “Every move is magic…You from a whole other world…” her mumbling trailed off.

“You like that song?” I asked. She quickly snapped back to reality and her cheeks turning red. “Yeah,” she said. I laughed and shook my head. “Yup, you sure are different,” I mumbled.

*UNKNOWN POV*

Should I tell him? Maybe I should. But what if it’s better for him to just not know? But I have to do the right thing. What if he did something to her? What if he hurt her?

………………………

*KATE’S POV*

I woke up in a good mood.

Once I took a bath and got changed, I walked over to the kitchen. On the way there, I tripped over a rug. “Stupid rug…” I said.

Wait a second…I thought as I studying the rug. It had triangles with different colors and sizes.

Maybe Nick really wasn’t lying. But maybe he just guessed. Yeah, he just guessed. There’s no way he’s going to convince me he can see the future.

I realized I had been sitting there on the rug like a little kid.

I quickly got up and hoped no one saw me.

After I ate, I decided to just walk outside.

“Hey! Wait up Kate!” I heard someone say. I turned around and saw Nick running up to me.

“Hey, Nick,” I rolled my eyes. He gave me a fake hurt expression.

“What do you want?” I asked. “Well, I was going to tell you something important, but I guess you don’t care,” he said. I rolled my eyes again and began walking.

“Fine, you broke me, I’ll tell you,” he said. He caught up to me and walked beside me.

“It’s about Kevin,” he said. I stopped right in my tracks and faced him.

“What? Did something happen to him?” I asked. He smirked.

“Beg, if you want me to tell you,” he said. I had to act like I didn’t care so he would tell me, so I just started walking yet again.

“Okay! He’s gone. He left like two days ago or so. I don’t know why though,” he told me.

My mouth dropped open.

“What!?! You’re lying!” I yelled.

He couldn’t have left.

“Listen! Just calm down, I’m not lying. Another servant told me to pass it along to the other servants. And he said that if you ask, then to tell you that’s he’s in a meeting (every time you ask),” he said.

Why would he tell them to lie to me? Did he leave because of me?

“Kate? You okay?” he asked.

“So he said to lie to me?” I asked.

He nodded.

For some reason I was really mad. If he wants people to lie to me, then I’ll show him a lie. If me being here is annoying him, then he has no idea how annoying I can get.

“I need your help Nick,” I said.

“Depends…” he said, looking at me confused.

“Were going to get back at Kevin and you’ll love my idea,” I said, smiling.

……….

*KEVIN’S POV*

“There’s someone on the phone asking for you Kevin,” Chris said, handing me the phone. I took it and asked who is was.

The person on the other end sounded like a girl and told me she was one of my servants.

“Is something wrong?” I asked, thinking of Kate.

She hesitated but said, “Well, the other day I saw that girl, Kate, coming inside. But her eyes looked look they had just cried, and then Nick came in after her. I wasn’t sure if they just got in fight or whatever, but I thought you might want to know.”

The first thing that popped into my head stayed there. Even while I was going back to the house. It stayed in my head.

I’m going to kill Nick…