chapter two

“Now leave,” the guy told him.

The guy one on the floor got up and scurried away.

We stood there for a moment, in silence.

“Thanks,” I said.

 He turned around, and I saw that he was absolutely gorgeous. He had brown hair, but his eyes were red.

 Cool contacts.

 “Yeah, no problem,” he told me.

Am I insane, or did it sound like he just went around saving people just because he was bored?

 He turned around and started walking away.

“Wait!” I told him. He stopped and turned around, but didn’t say anything.

I ran up to him and said, “Why did you save me, and acted like it was no big deal. And how come he looked so scared of you. And why did you tell him to not-”

“You ask too many questions,” he interrupted me.

“Well, what am I supposed to do? Forget this ever happened and move on?” I yelled.

“Yes!” he yelled right back.

I was surprised because he screamed out of nowhere, and so did I, but I had a reason.

 “Just forget it ever happened, and keep away from vampires,” he told me.

“You can’t tell me what to do!” I barked at him. We both glared at each other until he turned around and started walking away again.

 I ran in front of him, making him stop.

“Why won’t you answer my questions?” I asked.

“Because,” he told me.

“Oh look who’s being childish!” I told him. He walked around me and kept on going.

 “Just leave,” he said.

“No! I’m going to keep following you until you answer my questions,” I told him.

“Well, you’re going to be late to class,” he told me.

One more tardy and I was going to get a detention, and John wouldn’t be too happy if I came home late (since I had to go pick up some more food for him after school).

I started running the other way, towards school.

Wait a second, he looked the same age as me and so doesn’t he have school too?

I stopped and turned around, but he was gone.

Where did he go?

 He was there just a second ago.

 I also noticed how he knew that the guy was a vampire.

Had he been watching what happened before?

~

I stopped by the grocery store to buy some food for John after school.

“Let’s see, I need bread and chips” I told myself.

With the grocery bag filled with bread and chips, I walked over to valley from this morning. Maybe the guy that saved me would be around here somewhere.

 I looked around, but no one was there, so I checked inside the valley.

 I remembered the vampire from yesterday, so I started to get scared.