chapter twenty-one

Ok i know im super late AGAIN buuut i've just been busy and i was feeling like no one really ever reads my story and that there wasnt any point in writing but then i read these comments and i just got so happy and i just wanna say i love each one of you for reading and im soooo sooo soooo sorry.

"What are we doing here?" I asked as we entered the Home Depot. Kevin started walking to where they had the paints.

"So we're going to paint?"

He nodded as we stopped in front of the little square colors.

"Which color are you going to get?" I asked. I was starting to wonder if I was getting annoying with my questions but the vibes didn't come from Kevin so I guess I was okay.

"I don't know, which do you want?"

I shrugged, looking over the colors.

"Let's do fun colors," I suggested. He started laughing.

"How can a color be fun?"

I shrugged, "Like red, orange, you know brighter colors." He kept laughing but also nodded.

"Okay then let's get a red, orange, um... green and blue," he said.

"Isn't that a lot?"

"Yeah," he laughed. We went over to the counter thing were you get the paint.

(A/N: lol sorry I don't know what it's called :S)

"How can I help you guys?" A guy standing in front of us said. His clear face made him look around twenty. His bleached hair suited his light brown eyes.

"Is there a bright red, orange, green, and blue?"

He nodded.

"Kate, do you want the big containers?"

"Won't there be a whole bunch left if we get big ones?" I asked.

"Okay, big ones then please," he was talking to the guy but looked at me and smiled.

I laughed and started thinking of that time when Kevin and I were watching movies.

"You like doing stuff at home don't you?"

He smiled, nodding as the red paint was set on the counter. After we got all of them, we each got two and Kevin paid for them.

"Are you sure you don't want me to pay you back?" I asked for the hundredth time.

He laughed, starting the engine.

"It's okay Kate, it's on me." His warm smile made me feel like I was at the top of the world. I'm so lucky to have someone like Kevin in my life.

~

"Okay, so how do we do this?"

"Painting?" I asked. He shook his head.

"You know how in the movies the girl and guy paint and then get it on each other and at the end they kiss and live happily ever after," he smiled. I laughed as I took a step closer.

"So you did all this just for a kiss?"

"I did it to have fun," he smiled.

I smiled back as we got out the car. We each grabbed two of the paint buckets and went inside.

"Which room are you going to paint?" I asked.

He just smiled, going towards the library.

As we entered the big room, I noticed the door to his work room was open and as I peered in, I saw everything that had been inside had disappeared. I could see why he had decided to paint the room; its light tan colored walls looked boring and dull.

"Okay," he placed the paint on the floor and I copied. "We should probably change our cloths first before we start painting."

I nodded and we left the room. We walked to our rooms and I put on an old plain grey t-shirt and shorts and I walked back to Kevin's work room.

Kevin was leaned over the paint buckets, opening each one. He had on a white shirt and jeans.

"A white shirt? Isn't it gunna get dirty?" I asked.

He shrugged, opening the blue paint.

"It's just one shirt."