ten✨

How am I doing?

I'm seated in the world's hardest chair, in a suit that is too snug, having dinner with the girl I like and her patronizing father.

Take a guess.

Everything about this situation is awful.

Firstly, I'm being stared down by Kristen's father who is sitting across the table from me.

Secondly, I'm physically and emotionally uncomfortable.

Thirdly, I'm putting a hole in my pocket for food that doesn't even taste good.

Shall I go on?

* * *

"So how's Erin doing dad?" Kristen keeps trying to get a conversation started. I feel horrible that were just eating in awkward silence but I don't know what to say.

"As good as a six year old with only a father to depend on can be." Her father replies. He didn't even have a courtesy to look up from his plate. Ouch!

"She can depend on me too you know" Kristen says halfheartedly.

"Whenever I try to bring her back into your life you do something to prove to me that I shouldn't. In this case, your living with a boy you barely know."

Kristen swiftly removes the napkin that is placed on her lap and stands. "Excuse me for a moment." Her voice cracks as though she's about to cry.

"Was that really necessary?!" I get up to go find Kristen.

I wonder around the fancy joint. I shortly find Kristen outside the restaurant. She's sitting on the curb.

I sit next to her, not saying a word.
I'm looking straight ahead but I know her cheeks are tear stained.

I watch the cars go by, slowing down to go over the many pot holes in the road and then speed away.

As the cars go by, I think about life. We speed through the best days of life and only slow when we encounter the bad. Shouldn't it be the other way around?

Kristen stands up. Even in the yellow light from the street lamps and her wet cheeks, she looks beautiful. She's wearing this short maroon coloured dress. It's fitted at the top and flows on the bottom. Her hair is pin straight. She looks pretty. She tried hard, but she didn't even need to.

I take my suit jacket off and drape it over her shoulders. "Aren't you cold?"

"Warmer than I was while sitting at that table. He hates me no matter what I do."

"He was pretty harsh but hey, at least he's here! I haven't seen my parents in almost a year" I try to find a positive to her situation it its fucking hard. Her dad's a dick. Nothing really more to say.

" What happened? To you and your parents?"

"They didn't want me anymore so they kicked me out." I try to sum it up as short as possible. I don't enjoy talking about it.

"That sucks." I laugh at her response.

"Yeah. It does fucking suck." I smirk, I'm amused by her reaction.

I don't even notice till she's down the street that she left. I run to catch up to her. "Where are you going?"

"Home." Is all she says.

Despite the cold, she walks slow. She looks around her. I don't see much but old building but she seems so amazed by whatever she sees in this rickety city.

So while she walks slowly, admiring the world we live in, I stare at the girl that is slowly becoming the centre of mine.

* * *

As soon as we get home, Kristen shuffles through her bag for her cell phone.

She types something and puts the device to her ear.

"Who are you calling" I ask.

She gives me me the 'how do you not know' face. "I'm ordering real food, duh. Do you like Chinese?"

I chuckle and nod. I think about Kristen's dad who is probably still at the restaurant. Nor Kristen or I paid so he's gonna be left with a damn fat check. The thought brings a smile to my face.

"Food should be here soon" she calls to be as she walks to her room.

I know I shouldn't but I quietly follow her.

The first thing I see is her dress fall to the floor. She steps out of it and walks towards her dresser.

I walk up behind her and snake my arms around her bare belly.

"You looked beautiful tonight" I hiss in her ear.

She turns around and puts her hands around my neck and leans in to kiss me. I'd been craving her lips all night.

She guides me to her bed without breaking our kiss. Our lips move in sync. I can taste salt, probably from when she was crying.

Her lips pull away from mine and when I open my eyes she's unbuttoning my dress shirt. She pulls it off my body exposing my chest and arms of tattoos.

She smiles and traces the swallows on my collar bone with her fine. Her eyes scans by bare upper body. "You even have a heart!"

I look down at my bicep to see the heart. "Yea, I do."

"I've never seen a tattoo of an actual heart before" she tells me.

For some reason we're both talking super softly.

"Me neither, that's why I like it" I inform her.

"Harry?"

"Yes Kristen?"

And then the doorbell rings. No, no, shit.

I watch her slip on my dress shirt and button it up before she disappears down the ladder to get the door.

I fall back on her bed. I can still feel her finger tips on my skin. I stare down at my heart tattoo.

My body is tattooed. Some people would hate the ink under my skin but she doesn't. I wonder if she knows that her name is tattooed on my real heart.

_________________________

Author's note

Sorry the end is chessy but I went to see Ariana Grande in concert a few days ago and she performed my favourite song "tattooed heart" and it just got me wanting to add it into the story lmfao. 

(Her name isn't actually tattooed to his real heart, just metaphorically btw.)

Do you guys like Ari? Personally I fucking adore her! Anyway let me know in the comments if you like her!

Can this story get to 400 reads and 40 votes?

All the love, Allyson💗