three✨

I could smell the alcohol as soon as I stepped in the room. It was pungent. How much did Louis drink?

"Harry!!" Louis calls to me as he lifts his beer bottle in the air as though to toast me.

I don't really know how I feel about Louis being here. He's the reason I'm living alone, away from my family. But he'd also been my best friend. Ah, what the hell, he'll always be my mate!

"Nice to see you man!" he pulls me into a hug. He drops the bottle in his hand and it cracks on the floor and he starts to sway. I grab his arm to steady him. A lot, he definitely drank a lot!!

I practically drag him over to the couch.

"What happened to you, you look like hell?" I ask. I'm still pretty uncomfortable with the whole situation.

"I'm here to see you of fucking course! I wanted to tell you about this rad party I went to last night! The babes were......" I stopped him before he could continue.

"I'm gonna get some water. Don't break anything" I tell Louis. I walk over to the sink and get the biggest glass I have and fill it with cold water. I haven't seen Louis since I was forced out of my parents place. A million questions run through my head. Why's he here? Why didn't he contact me sooner? What the hell has he been doing to get this drunk?

I hear him cough and I can only guess that the puking will start soon so I grab the garbage bin from under the sink.

"Here" I hand him the glass and the bin and take a seat next to him.

We sit in silence for a while, the only sound being him taking sips of water. Out of nowhere he breaks down though. He explains to me how his family wants him to move back to England. How they reached out to him after two years of not a single word spoken to each other.

When Louis moved here, He came to get away from his parents. They wanted him go to college and he didn't. It was either finish school or leave so he left. He bought a one way plane ticket to Montreal and.... well here he is.

Unlike me, Louis was set to live on his own. He got a job right off the bat and a place to live and lived a new happy life. He relied on cider and drinks to keep his head straight; off his past. He screwed up but I was along side him so we both fell. But even so, Louis just got back up and walked away like nothing happened. I on the other hand, stayed down.

* * *

After Louis' little break down, he was more sober and he surprisingly never throw up. This guy must have an iron stomach I swear. It was then that I started to see that there was something he was holding back.

"Reid's out of jail. And he's coming for you" Louis said. The words hit me like a truck.

It was nearly 2:00am but I didn't care. I ran out out of the building and raced down the streets. I should have been freezing but my head was pounding and my adrenaline was pumping to hard for me to care.

Reid was out of jail. I'm the reason he went to jail. He's already looking for me. He'll kill me.

All these bad thoughts fly through my head. I wonder around the streets. People give me concerned looks; probably because I don't have a coat.

My skin beings to tingle and I know I need to get inside soon. I head home. Louis' still sitting in the exact same spot that I left him in before.

He stands when he sees me enter the room and approaches me.

"You can either run or solve the problem. He'll kill you if he finds you. So kill him before he does" Louis says ever so calmly.

I shake my head and turn to walk up to the loft. And with that I climb in bed and pull the covers up high over my head like I did when I was young.

They used to protect me from any danger; monsters, ghosts. I wish they could protect me now.