31 - Alone

This is no longer the last Chapter, read below for details, thanks.

Samuel Pov

I didn't really want Candice to leave, but she was adamant that she had to go talk to Renee, and I was glad we left off in a good place. This whole 'relationship' had involved a whole load of accidental moments. Shit, this whole thing started from a look because I didn't cover up well enough, like I usually did every time she was in my office. My confession of my feelings only happened because she bursted into my office mad at me, and I didn't want for her to be angry with me or feel some type of way. Then, today - the biggest moment between us - saying something that deep - those three little words, were blurted out by me by mistake. Not that I didn't mean it, but I never meant to say it in that moment. It slipped out my mouth because I was taken by her, in that moment and time.

I regretted it at first. Although I'd been open and forward, the woman just said she wanted space and then there I go, saying I love you. But shit, when she said it back I was glad I said it, just like I was glad she overacted that day we shared that look. She knows completely where I stand. She knows everything, and she loves me. I'd marry her tomorrow. Scrap that, I'd marry her tonight, which is crazy because my family haven't even met her yet - but I know they'll love her. How can you not love her?

Technically she's met Daniel, but not in the right setting. I told him about this thing I've had going on, but he doesn't know who the woman is. I didn't tell him this shit because I wanted to, he figured it out. Somehow he always notices any change in me. Though we mostly spoke about Simone - he just warned me to be careful. This time I listened, of course I checked Candice out - her background, her history. He also tried to convince me to live that player life with him, but I told him nah I ain't for all that, and of course his stupid arse called me whipped. He may be older than me, but I know better than him on that front.

Though it was later than planned I had my lawyer drop by to show me whatever it was Simone's conditions were. I was originally supposed to go to his office but I pay him enough for him to simply come by if I ask him to. Considering she was technically entitled to a lot more, I was shocked. Maybe she really has changed. She didn't want the house, or even the value of it, and she didn't take of the money. That don't excuse what she did, and who she is - a messed up individual. It don't excuse that was tried to flee the country, despite me supporting her financially. She has her own money saved, that she hasn't been touching so it's about time she started using it as she's no longer my responsibility.

That baby will be if it's mine though. So I'm surprised she didn't sign the condition that would mean the child would get the stuff he or she's entitled to, but it doesn't matter because regardless any seed of mine will get what they are entitled too. I signed the dots and crossed the T's. I was happy to actually say it - I'm officially divorced. Shit, I should have one of them divorce parties that women have. Then again, I will hold a little something at mine for the family to get together, so when Candice is ready she can meet everyone at the same time. They can finally find out who the mystery woman is, because thanks to Daniel talking like a little bitch, everyone is wondering.

I discovered this about five minutes after Candice left, when mama called snooping around for information. Though she tried to dress it up as just an dinner invite, her subtle hint of me bringing someone along didn't go unnoticed. It may be too soon for Candice though, and maybe she'd prefer it at mine so that she's not forced into interrogation by every family member that exists. At least if here, where she'd been before she'll feel less intimidated by it all. Maybe I'll just talk to her about it, she's never really mentioned me meeting her family. I don't know about her relationship with her dad but I know her mom passed a while back.

My phone vibrated. It was another unknown unknown number. I don't even normally answer those, but it'd been ringing me for a while now. Curiosity got the better of me, I wanted to know what's up. I instantly recognised Biggie's voice when I heard it.

"I been trying to call you" he started.

"And?" I questioned. I don't know why he was telling me that unnecessary shit like he was some type of female. He should just be saying, what he called up to say.

"We was following her, but her driver was moving real fast and the car I was in lost her at a red light. So I passed the job on to the men that didn't lose her, and told them to stall her but they fucked it up man. He went in with a ticket and shit but he got caught up in secur-"

I wasn't trying to her this nigga trying to cover himself up right now, "So you're telling me Simone is gone"

"Err-"

That meant yes. I was livid, all types of fucked up that I had to put my trust in these fucking people that didn't know what the fuck they were doing. Now she's gone, how the fuck am I supposed to know if that's my seed or not. Shit, what if it is and I never ever know, "Give me the names of your men"

Though I wanted to confide in Candice about this, for the moment I was glad I was alone.

A/N Thank you all of you, but thanks to @KhanyisileMD @Debbydeboraholly @Arkita_O and @chaterboxxx that saw my comment about the chapter before this being the last chapter & responding.

Due to their comments I realised there are still quite a few loose ends, and things I actually still want to add. This story will still be ending soon. There will be about 2 more Pov's from each of them (including 'Renee and her new boo', Samuel and Candice meeting each others families / friends, Sky going home and maybe the wedding at the end (if they have one)

I also had a suggestion to do a sequel, and I think that's where the five years later idea will come into play as I had a lot in my head for that. I'd need to know if you guys would want a sequel, so please comment!

I appriciate your feedback, a talented author on here advised me about my spacing so I'll def be improving on that. No more big chunks, thanks for sticking with it despite the flaws (and missing words) I write this on my phone most times, so it's kinda hard - plus I get something out everyday, but constructive criticism helps me improve (no excuses lol)