Prologue - The Look

All rights reserved copyright = These are works of my own

A/N This is the first book I'll be keeping on here, I welcome comments to know if it's good or not inc critiques. If you read it, clicking vote would nice to gas me up a lil for my time. This is a mature book for mature readers, so some swearing / explicit scenes that may be made private will come up.

Prologue - The Look

Samuel in the picture

Omniscient Pov

"This is too cold. I need another one. Make it black. Make it quick. And when your done I need the completed reports from yesterday" a firm masculine voice snapped. The voice belonged to Samuel Peters, CEO and co founder of arguably one of the biggest marketing companies in the entertainment industry.

'How can boiling hot coffee be too cold? The steam was flying from the cup as he complained' Candice thought to herself as she walked out of his office annoyed.

Her boss was testing her patience this morning. He was always annoying but it seemed extra today. All he did was demand and criticize. She played out the idea of poisoning him in her mind, whilst she stirred the sugar in his coffee for the third time this morning. Admittedly Candice thought her boss was a good looking man when she first saw him, but she soon learnt he also had a bad attitude to match. Samuel's demeanor made her blind to his chocolate smooth skin, tall stature, and hazel brown eyes that had before captured her attention. Instead she saw Mr Peters as her paycheck, which is the only thing that stopped her from giving him a peace of her mind. Even though she nodded and agreed with everything he said, she was in no way, shape or form, a submissive woman. The truth was she needed this job. Nothing was ever given to her with a silver spoon, so in other words, the lifestyle she had become accustomed to, wasn't going to pay for itself. Samuel, despite being too blunt for her liking, was her money, and you don't be rude to money. Her mama didn't teach her many things but she had taught her that. Imagining what she was going to spend her wages on, as she stepped back to his office, made her plaster a smile on her face.

Samuel was angry because of the amount of meetings he had today. Meetings that were set up because he had re-explain the company's expectations, his employees clearly didn't understand. The look on his face reflected his ruined mood. One thing Samuel hated, was wasting what could have been a productive day. His features softened when Candice came back with his coffee. Something about her smile bettered his mood. That probably explained the reason why he made anything an excuse to get her in his office again. Or maybe it was to see the view of her plump looking behind when she left. He bit down on his lip when she turned around. It almost made him get too excited as he watched her strut out like she was on some kind of catwalk. It impressed him that she didn't have to try to be sexy, she just was.

Candice always dressed modestly but her form fitting dresses revealed her curvaceous figure that wasn't left unnoticed by Samuel. She had flawless coco brown skin, big dark brown eyes and deep dimples that showed whenever she spoke. He was always discreet when he admired Candice because he didn't want to cross any boundaries for a few, but good reasons. As much as he knew how good it would feel for the moment, getting involved with Candice could cause potential problems, meaning he'd lose a good PA. Plus for Samuel sex wasn't the only thing he had on his mind. Yes, he found her attractive and she undoubtedly had an affect on him but he was really starting to like this woman. It would be embarrassing and completely ruin his pride and self esteem if she didn't feel the same. Not to mention the fear of accusations revolving sexual harassment. The press would have a field day ruining the company's reputation he and his brother Daniel had worked so hard to build. He thought logically as he re-organised some of the papers on his desk. Whenever he felt the urge to say something out of line, reasoning with himself made sure he kept their working relationship strictly professional.

He was lucky Candice couldn't read his mind or see the images he had of her in his head. He often wondered what she would look like sprawled on top of his desk. How wild her curly Afro hair would look, when released from the bun she always wore on tightly on the top of her head. His thoughts were interrupted by her sweet voice asking if he needed anything else to be done. Damn, he thought momentarily, 'her lips are so... red' She placed the reports on his desk. How did she manage to do that task so fast? Is there anything that isn't perfect about this woman? He couldn't help but wonder what those red lips would look like wrapped around hi-

'Would you like anything else to be done before this mornings scheduled meeting?' Candice repeated, suddenly aware that her boss had been staring at her. He was looking at her like he wanted more to be done, than what was on her job description. She found herself getting hotter underneath his gaze. Candice was not the type of woman to enjoy men looking at her as if she was a piece of meat. She came to work, TO WORK but she somehow got trapped under the spell of his striking hazel eyes. His personal phone rung loudly, snapping her out of the dirty thoughts that had invaded her mind. Her cheeks felt flushed as she looked down at the floor. She was surprised by the attention and the affect it had on her.

'Damn' she thought 'has it really been that long since I had a man?' She was thankful he didn't seem to notice as he picked up the phone in annoyance. The only reason Samuel's mood changed was because of who it was on the phone.

It was Simone. His wife.

He instantly scowled because he'd been brought back to reality, the place where you can't always have what you want.

A/N So Samuel has a wife, with his wondering eyes... He is so wrong.

The rest of the chapters will be from Candice, Samuel and Simone's pov.

COMMENT telling me what you think. This is set in America somewhere but because I'm black british I'll be bringing some of that in through the character Simone.