30 - Goodbye

Renee Pov

After work - where Candice clearly wasn't - I decided to hit up the mall as Sky had drama club where she was practicing hard for her little stage play, and I wanted to buy her something cute for her costume. She's playing an angel, which is just perfect for her - but then again my baby girl can rock anything - she's just so cute. So, I'm thinking maybe a white or cream dress, and it shouldn't be too hard to find a halo in a fancy dress store or something. It was actually so hard to pick a dress, I was literally stuck in the store with about three white dresses in my hand contemplating. To other people they probably looked the same, but I like to think I've got the eye for fashion and style. Hello, I do own my own clothing website, and though it's just started out and is nothing to brag about quite yet - I'm still proud. I ended up picking the white dress with silver glittery straps, and I just know that Sky would love that one the most - her and her stickers and glitter, the girl is obsessed. She's gotten glitter all over my my couch, and even the bed she's been staying in but of course I don't mind. I've been loving her living with me for three whole days. I know I'm not ready when it's time to say Goodbye to her. Of course I'll still see her, round at Monique and Ryan's just like before but I'll miss her so much. Her little songs she sings as soon as she wakes up in the morning, how she always spills water all over the floor anytime she bathes because she's in there playing with a plastic duck that she wanted to name Renee. She thought she was so funny, but nah I don't care if she tried to say it was another Renee - which I doubt very much - I will not be named after a yellow ugly arse duck. The way she eats her cereal as fast as she can so it doesn't get soggy, the way she tries to school me on how to do her hair just right EVERY morning, and not to mention how much she loves my cooking, and when she draws things for me -almost everyday she gives me something and the big oversized scribble says 'Mommy' and it touches me every damn time, especially the one that said 'I love you'. And taking her to school, and picking her up - she always looks to happy to see me, just everything. I don't want to say Goodbye.

I walked past the nail shop, and then I reversed to look into the shop window. There was glittery nails on the display. Now, I know Sky is too young to get fake nails done professionally at the shop, but maybe she could have those glue ones you stick on as her treat for being so brave and working so hard on this performance. She's been practicing the whole time she's been here, and she keeps saying how nervous she is. I was immediately greeted by a woman who with what looked like a business card in her hand. She had a sandy desert complexion, light brown eyes, and thick long hair that resembled my weave I just recently brought, and her smile. Shit, I was staring at her in a weird as way as she spoke about the promotion. Is this me catching feelings for another girl. I swear I love the D, I thought it was just Candice. Aren't I too old to be having a coming out story.

"All that sounds good" I finally replied when I came out of my trance, her body was on point too - she looked real nice and slim but she had a cute figure on her. Why the fuck am I looking at her body? But I could see a little of her cleavage that was on show, and I'm not going to lie my mind thought about seeing more, "but" I cleared my throat, looking into her eyes. I like that color, kinda like the color of the wooden floor at home, "I won't be getting my nails today, I'm just looking for some stick on glittery nails for my daughter"

"Daughter?" she sounded surprised.

I laughed at her reaction, she's not the only one who looks so shocked when they find out, and her seeing me in the nail shop- she must be thinking my daughter is hella old. "Yeah I had her quite young. She's only six but she's having this play coming up and she's an Angel, so I was looking for some glitter ones" I finally sounded normal.

Her face brightened up, "Awww" she cooed, "that's too cute, well we've got plenty tiny little sets. What color was you thinking?"

"Silver" I replied instantly, smiling because her reaction was cute.