20 - The Plea

Chapter 20

Samuel Pov

A/N I appreciate all of those that have voted and commented, and the ones that went back and voted on previous chapters - it hasn't gone left unnoticed. Thank you.

After not hearing from Candice, I'm not going to lie, I was feeling a little concerned. When I got to her place it was clear nothing was wrong with her physically, but she had a frosty ass attitude. She was all dressed up, looking good enough to eat in that tight dress that revealed her cleavage, and her hair was down which complimented her face well, but my focus was on why she looked like she was going somewhere without telling me, and why she was telling me to move out of the way. There was no doubt about it, she was acting up. She looked sexy as fuck standing there looking all mad, it made me want to take her right here, but I don't want her being annoyed at me for something so trivial.

I was puzzled at her actions, "Why are you acting like this Candice?" I was standing in her doorway, as she was making it clear as day that I wasn't welcome inside. Why was she acting so petty? I genuinely didn't understand what I had gone wrong, I told her already, I got her view from earlier on with Brandy. Shit, I was willing to prove that no other woman had my attention right now except for her.

"Why am I acting like this? Why am I acting?" I watched as she went from 0 to a 100, she looked really mad right about now. The fuck. I blinked, wondering why she was repeating herself, and acting all wild. I never had Candice down, for being this type of woman. Then again, my judgement isn't always the best. A thorough background check can only tell you so much, it's not like I can get Trace to research Candice's personality as well.

"The only person that has been acting here is you." She screeched. Her hands were on her hips as she looked up at me, with nothing but hate.

Shit. Why would she say I'm acting, I've been nothing but hones- Shit. She must have heard something about Simone coming in today. Based on how the woman sounded on the front desk, and how ratchet Toya is, there must have been a big arse scene. Maybe someone saw and ran their mouth off about it. Whoever the fuck it was, is about to get fired.

"Yeah that's fucking right, I know, so you can stop acting and playing whatever game you was trying to play" Beneath all the anger and the harsh sting of her words, I could tell she was hurt by the look in her eyes. No wonder she was trying to cut me off. Fucking Simone. Why the fuck did she decide to turn up after four whole months? Especially as I told her ass to stay put.

"Candice" I said her name softly, I could sense her pain. I get that she didn't want to talk. Her ignoring my phone calls clarified that but I can't leave here without saying my side of the story because I know right now it looks bad. More than bad and I can't even imagine the thoughts running through her mind.

I blocked the doorway with my foot, "Let me explain." I had to plea my case.

"Was the woman lying about being your wife, Samuel?" she held her ground, standing tall - but still shorter than me in her high heels.

Because I had forced the door to remain open, our distance had become closed. Her tone of voice and our closeness began to turn me on, but I tried to keep my head clear. I need to concentrate on not losing her, before I even managed to get her to be officially mine. "No but let me-"

"Then there is nothing to explain," she interjected with a sharp no nonsense voice, "if you even had a little respect for me you'd me leave me the fuck alone. I don't want to talk Samuel."

Fuck, a part of me didn't want to talk either... but I know we needed to. I sighed, which was probably a mistake on my part, because I didn't really have the right to be frustrated. She raised her eyebrow at me as I rested my arm on the frame of the door. It's not that I didn't care what she wanted, it's just I know that whatever it is we have, would be over if I stepped away. "I'm not leaving until you listen to me. Look. Candice, I'm sorry because I should have told you before but it's a complicated situation. I didn't want you mixed up in it"